Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Hi Random,
Congratulations on your placement! Oh, how I remember those sleepless nights (mostly because of my own anxiety! - ha). My saving grace is the ArmsReach(TM) mini co-sleeper. It is a small crib that hooks on to the side of your bed. Instead of having to get up every time baby is hungry, spits his pacifier out, etc., you just roll over and tend to him and go back to sleep. It is a lifesaver and worth the $125!
You can check it out at at the ArmsReach website:
[url]http://armsreach.com/product_mini.asp[/url]
You can pick one up at Target, Buy Buy Baby, Babies R Us and more or just order online and have it sent.
We've used this since our baby came home (he was about 3 weeks at the time) and we're still using it!
Our baby starting sleeping through the night around 3 months as I adjusted his feedings gradually. He started eating 2-4 ounces every 3-4 hours and then I gradually increased the ounces during the day and eliminated the middle-of-the-night feedings one at a time. Again, he sleeps all the way through now - a dream!
Documenting feedings and gradually getting him into a schedule was also key. I've noted every feeding/amount of ounces consumed/burps/diaper changes/etc. since he came home and it has really helped me to understand him in his totality (especially since he is with a nanny during the day) as well as get him into a routine that works for us.
Best of wishes to you! I'll be praying for you as we, too, are on the same roller coaster ride wondering whether or not our baby boy will stay...