Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
We are adopting out of state too. We live in Texas and the children are in Nebraska. We do NOT get Texas Medicaid. The children get Nebraska Medicaid!! This means we have to go to each provider and ask if they are willing to sign up for NE medicaid! Needless to say this is a big hassle! Luckily we have United Healthcare insurance and this insurance will cover the children as soon as they enter our home! (before adoption is final). We still want therapists, etc. who are willing to take NE medicaid so we can use it as a secondary insurance. For example, our insurance only covers 30 mental health visits a year and our children currently see a therapist 1 to 2x a week! Also our insurance does not cover dental (that's under my name and my dental insurance will NOT cover the children till the adoption is final). This is all a huge mess and hassle and I can't believe they won't just switch it. Because of our income we do not qualify for Medicaid on our own. However, NE is also willing to take all of this into account when they negotiate our subsidies so we'll probably end up getting a higher amount. Our sibling group are 11 and 13 with many special needs (more mental than health). We get them on Nov. 11 and we're still trying to get all this therapy and stuff in place. Good luck!
Mary