Advertisements
Advertisements
We are an American couple who have been waiting for 6 months to receive a court date to return to bring our child home from Ulyanovsk. Another American couple is in the exact same situation.
We were hoping to get our court date this week, but instead got more of the same sort of impossible demands from the judge.
The judge is still on a mission demanding an embassy letter confirming that the children will be allowed into the US. We sent letters from Congress people and Senators explaining that this would not be a problem, but she was not impressed.
If any American family has had a successful adoption in this region in the past year, would you mind sending me the name of your agency so that our agency could maybe contact you to see if there is any wisdom they could gain from how your adoption completed? We don't want to have to leave our kids behind. The judge has set a July 10th deadline for us to return paperwork meeting all of her latest demands. We have been told that her issue is that other countries submit a letter taking responsibility for the parents turning in
post-placement reports, but America does not have such a policy. She feels the agencies are just in it for the money and not for the welfare of the children. Obviously she really cares about the welfare of these poor children!!! If she would only understand how
desperately we love and want them! She also is objecting to the fact that our apostilles were stapled to our documents (this never came up before). She said that it is against the Hague agreement. Our agency said that this issue was worked out with all of the other regions already and should be a nonissue.
Thanks for any help.
I have no advice or words of wisdom, but I wanted to let you know that I hope you get your court date soon. You'll be in my thoughts ....
Advertisements
I had to pay for my post placement in advance and show proof that I had done so. Have you done this to help show you commitment to comply with post-placement? Just an idea.
Good Luck!
I sure hope someone here can post and give you some advice-I am sorry I have nothing to offer. But I sure hope everything works out for you. I can't imagine what this must feel like...
Why don't you post a thread with the name of the region...maybe someone would see it who went to your region. Good luck!
The judge in our region required for the 171 to be ammended to have our DD name on it. Our agency was able to get this done by the Embassy in Moscow and we picked it up when we arrived for trip 2 and hand carried it with us. Maybe that would suffice? We were told that the judge wanted it because the immigration approval from Spain and other non-US countries had the child's adoptive name on it.
Hope that helps.
Katie
Advertisements
I adopted from a different region last year and the judge was not accepting the 171h as proof our son would be allowed into the US. Our agency representative in Moscow was able to get a letter from the US Embassy in Moscow. I can't really summarize what the letter said, but if you pm me your email address I will send you a copy of the translation I was given.
Kim
Amysue1112
Why don't you post a thread with the name of the region...maybe someone would see it who went to your region. Good luck!
I hope this situation gets solved for your soon. I second what AmySue said, start another Thread with the name of your region and see what comes from that.
Advertisements
Thanks to everyone who has wished us well. We're hoping to find someone who has completed an adoption in Ulyanovsk, so we can find out what they did to be successful.
hello my husband and I are from argentina (live in argentina), we want to adopt a child in Russia, in the area of Ulyanoskv. Im looking for someone local help in ulyanovsk region, a social worker, a lawyer, etc, to help me with the adoption me over there. Let me know if someone can bring me that information. It will helps me a lot. Please PM me. Thanks very much.
Advertisements