Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Thread: over 45
Im 46 and DH is 39. I have a bio son that's 24.
I can tell you that when I was younger, I was more fit and more capible of being available for my son. My (then) husband (now X husband) worked full time, and I stayed at home. But our age worked against us. At 20 yrs old, life was forever. My son would be young forever. He was adorable, but that would also last forever. And I was actually less available for him than I am now, with my adopted daughter.
I work full time now, and commute 1 hour each way. But, with age comes wisdom. I can't do the kinds of things I could do when I was younger, but it really doesn't take much effort to take bubble baths with my toddler daughter and sing Christmas songs in the tub with her, in the middle of July. I have more money now, and am more financially stable. I come home now and KNOW that she will be this age for only the blink of an eye, and I cherrish every minute with her. I'm more patient with her. I appreciate her. I can truly say that, for me, that being a parent of a toddler is BETTER because I'm older.