Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I see from your signature that your child has not been home for that long. Give her time and lots of positive feelings with bedtime. My son, relinquished at 2 1/2 and home at almost 3, had some significant night terrors for the first 5 mos. To help, he slept in the same bed with me, and I would soothe him back to peace, doing my best to sense the night terrors, and stop them before they got way out of control. They stopped when we put both of our sons in the same bed together.
We moved houses last week (pretty much across the street), and again sleep has been a little bit restless with both of my sons. We expected this. I caught my elder son sleepwalking at 2am last night, but that's been the extent of it.
I agree with whoever said that the attitude of the doctor was alarming. Benadryl can actually disrupt sleep. It has the opposite of the intended effect on my son, and actually makes him really cranky. It's like he doesn't get quality sleep because it's induced. And if they have the attitude that your problems are glib, find someone else who will support you when you need help!