Advertisements
Advertisements
My husband and I brought our daughter home this past August. We are looking for playgroups for her, but we are not having any luck. We live in eastern Massachusetts, and welcome any information at all regarding existing groups, or where we could look for them. Thanks.
see if you can find a group in this old thread of mine
[url]http://forums.adoption.com/showthread.php?t=178300[/url]
I apologize it is very long and some links are old, but maybe it can help.
Advertisements
There's a group in my area called the Moms Club. Go to momsclub.org, hopefully they have a chapter in your area.
I found out about it after my two eldest were already in school, but I intend to join with the new baby. They meet during the day for playgroups, swap babysitting, play Bunko on weekends and they even have get-togethers with themes, like the one where everyone brought their wedding albums. I wish I knew about it when my first two were babies, because some days they needed companions (and me too).
Rachael
Definetly check out MOMS Club. I have been a member for 7 years and highly recommend it for a way to meet others - both for yourself and your child. There is also another, similar group, called Mothers and More, and also MOPS (usually/always? through a church) that you might look into.
I am in Massachusetts too. Thanks for asking the question. I would love to find a group too.
You might want to try an adoption agency in your area (if there is one.) The agency we are using has a play group once a week that is open to all children whether they are adopted or not. Just a thought.
Gwen
Advertisements
MOMS Clubs are popular but since I work part time, it was hard for me to do that. I started going to Gymboree(or MY GYM) and met many great friends there. Now we do not go, but we remained friends and still do playgroups, rotating houses, parks, etc.
Are you a member of the Guatemala family network in Mass? You might be able to hook up with other families with children the same age if you go to one of their events. If you need info, PM me and I will find the info and send it to you.
Lauren, mom to Michael, 3 1/2 home from Guatemala 1/04