Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi Everyone. I'm new to adoption & this board. My boyfriend (54) & I (41) are both divorced, live together & want to adopt domestically a newborn. I had infertility issues. Are BMs ever comfortable w an unmarried couple? Our Homestudy is complete & I am licensed to adopt. Will soon start advertising w an atty. Thanks
I replied to your question on the other thread you posted it on.
On that thread, though, you didn't state your ages.
While neither your unmarried status nor your ages necessarily means you won't be able to adopt, you should be aware that as far as domestic newborn adoption goes, realistically both of those factors may mean that you have fewer options. Agencies tend to favor married couples with a track record of family stability, and expectant parents who are thinking of placement often are looking for couples who are married and thus more stable than themselves and yes, younger, whom they think would be more in tune with themselves (you are more the age of the grandparents of most expectant parents who are considering placement) and more likely to provide an active, modern lifestyle for their child.
Is there some reason you are considering only a domestic infant? Your state (Connecticut, if your profile is accurate) allows unmarried couples to adopt, and there are many children in foster care who need good homes.
Advertisements
41 isn't at all old to adopt. It's certainly not the age of most grandparents! Good grief!
Many people have biological children at 41. I adopted as a single woman at age 43.
It's true you may wait a bit longer because of your status as an unmarried couple but it's up to the expectant mom who she chooses.
www.adoptedangel.com
1-800-305-8836
My name is Sophie
I myself was adopted and have over 40 years’ experience of Adoption Awareness offering Support and Guidance with:
NO JUDGMENT – TOTAL EMPATHY
The Importance of Forgiveness
Help of Understanding
Finding Courage
Personal Struggles
All the Challenges and Rewards for Adopted Family
Help instill Wisdom, Love and Inspiration
Find Your Strength Within
WE ALL HAVE BEEN BLESSED WITH A SECOND CHANCE. CALL ME AT 1-800-305-8836 – Sophie