Advertisements
Advertisements
Anyone?
Does anyone have a story about conceiving after adopting? How long and how much IF treatments did you go through before hand? Were you trying?
Remmy
i found out that i was pregnant about five months after my older son Evan was born, we finalized his adoption 2 weeks after my younger son nathan was born. It was definity an unexpected event and I am still not sure how evans first mom feels about it, even though we have only spoken 3 times since evans birth she just hsppened to call while i was in labor with nathan, i think that she was shocked
Advertisements
Hi,
I haven't posted on this forum in a long time. We adopted a daughter in 2005 after ttc for 11 yrs. I miscarried in 2004 and it was the first time I got pg and it was very devastating for us to lose the baby as it took so long to get there. Anyway, the adoption went smooth and of course she was the best baby and is the best toddler. We can't imagine our lives without her. When she was 6 mths old and we were finalizing the adoption. I found out I was pg and I delivered a healthy baby boy in may 2006. I now have my hands full!!:woohoo:
We had completely gave up trying as it had been a year after the miscarriage. We figured we were just not meant to have children biologically. I still charted my AF, but nothing else. So, at least when I found out I was pg I had the date of my last AF!
Now that I have experienced both ways of becoming a parent, I can honestly say that the adoption was better oly b/c I didn't feel like poo and while I was tired, I could still function. The delivery process isn't as wonderous as they say. It is scary and painful and after wards you are so exhausted you can't even enjoy the baby. You just want peace & quiet.
I did love being pg though. The sensations of having the LO move and kick is awesome. Once you deliver, you really are kinda depressed at not having those feelings anymore. It is weird. I could have done without all the damage pg did to my body though. :eek:
With dd, everyone told me how good I looked having just had a baby. I never corrected them just said thanks. With ds, I would have paid to have someone say that to me!! LOL.
I am so glad we adopted before having my son. If we hadn't I don't think I would have ever had a 2nd child. He is very sensitive and cries alot. He is very needy. Don't get me wrong, I love my son very much, but my dd was just the opposite and she still is today and that is what I was prepared for. She is so loving and if she is upset, usually a ittle hug or cuddle will fix it. Not with my son -- we have yet to find out what makes him happy. :confused: :grr:
Hope this helps those who are still hoping to conceive and I hope that everyone gets what they are asking for.
We have one biological child (3), one adopted (10 months), and we are pregnant (9 weeks). We weren't not trying, and we had only very minor fertility issues with our first son- but we were not expecting anything to happen for many, many months and not without a little help again. It took a whole month and a half of "not trying to prevent" for it to happen. I tell you what, being sick and tired during this first trimester while working full time, going to grad school full time,and raising two little ones is not easy! I had hoped to spread out some of those factors a bit more, but it wasn't in His plans I guess. It's amazing what can happen when you aren't feeling pressured to conceive. Best wishes to all who are hoping to conceive still. Keep loving up on those little adopted blessings in the mean time- arent' they awesome!
We have 2 bio children & 3 adopted. Our story is this...when our bio son was about a year old we had my tubes tied. It wasn't something we just decide to do one day. We started thinking abut it while I was pregnant with him. Shortly after he was a year old we realized what a HUGE mistake we made. So we planned on one day reversing it.
When our daughter was 8 & our son was 6 we finally had the money saved to do he reversal. It was $13,000 & we were given an 80% chance of getting pregnant. At my 6 week check up we were given the okay to TTC with my next cycle. We did & I got pregnant with the first cycle. Unfortunately it was so soon after the surgery that I still had scarring & swelling & the pregnancy was an Ectopic. We were devastated! Eight months later we were pregnant again but miscarried. That was in 1997.
In May 2000 we adopted our DD. Two years later we adopted another DD & a year later our DS. All along we still "TRIED". In October of 2004 we found ourselves pregnant with twins!! We couldn't have been more surprised & more scared! But, just as before we lost them. One twin at 10 weeks to a miscarriage & one at 11 weeks to an Ectopic. That's how we knew it was twins, through an Ultra Sound a week after the miscarriage.
Since then we have not been "TRYING" but are not NOT TRYING! I can't imagine our lives without the children we have. We are so blessed!! I say all the time, that if we had had more bio children, we wouldn't have adopted when we did. These children couldn't have been more perfectly chosen for us!
Next week I will be 44 years old. We will go one more year of TTC until we do something about it.
Deb
We were told that we had less than 1% chance of ever concieving on our own and that even with specialized invetro our chances would only be at best 50%. We did do some clomid and shots and one insimination before we went back to our origional plan of adopting. We just realized that adoption was what was right for us. We stoped fertility in May and signed with an agency in June. In December we went on a visit trip. I was really sick when I got home and kept dropping weight. I thought it was from the stress of leaving our kids in another country. No, I was and still am pg (I was also supposed to miscarry if I got pg). Our kids came home in April. They'll be 1 at the beginning of september and I'm due at the end of august. It's been an interesting, and totally unplanned experience. Things will be crazy I'm sure, but it will all be worth it. I wouldn't change anything.
Advertisements
We didn't plan to conceive after adoption, but we consider it a blessing. We adopted in March 2006 after 5 years of trying to conceive and found that adoption was the answer to infertility as we found out we were pregnant in June 2006. I couldn't be happier with my angel boys!
We had been trying to conceive for 8 1/2 years. During that time we did many cycles with clomid but even at it's highest dose I had never ovulated.
During that time we fostered 53 children and adopted 4 of them.
We still wanted to have at least one bio-child and last october went back to the doctor for more tests and to try out letrazole and then moved onto the follistim injectables. I got pregnant on the third try...but the baby was measuring about a week behind from the very start. At 7 weeks we got to see and hear the heartbeat it was AMAZING!!! But at my 9 week check up they said there had been no growth within that time and there was no heartbeat. Over the next week or so I miscarried naturally on my own.
Even though it was so short and our little one didn't quite make it here that expereince will always be treasured in my heart. I wouldn't trade it for the world.
Now we have to wait until October to try again, to let my body heal. I can't wait to get started trying again.
I love ALL my kids with all my heart and I also know with all my heart that my precious children I do have now...were meant to come to me through adoption.
When the time is right, we'll have more little ones join our family. Hopefully it won't be too long of a wait!!!
I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriage, Mom2GRLC!! Many ((((hugs)))) to you!
We had TTC for a year after a previous year of not trying, but not exactly trying not to either. We underwent tons of testing and were eventually diagnosed with good ole' "unexplained". Did a few cycles of clomid. Then decided to adopt. We adopted our dd in June of 2005. Just after her first birthday we received an out of the blue call from our atty who asked if we would be interested in speaking to an emom due in January of 2007. We were... and our second dd was born in the beginning of Jan. On Jan 31st, a friend convinced me to take a pg test since my period was a week late. I agreed, never expecting it to be positive... just thinking it was delayed by stress from having a newborn. But it was positive. I am due on October 4th. My oldest will be 27 months & my youngest 9 months when our third dd is born! Talk about surprise of the century!! It hasn't been the easiest pregnancy. I bled for three weeks in the beginning & I started preterm labor at 28 weeks that was luckily stopped. I am now 33 weeks and have been (and will continue to be) on modified bedrest since the contractions began 5 weeks ago. But it will all be worth it in the end!
Wow!!! Congradulations Casey how exciting.
My youngest 2 are 7 months apart and in some ways it's much like having twins. But just enough age difference where you can tell they are at different developmental levels(at least now while they are still young). Thankfully, their birthday's landed in the right months where my youngest will actually be held back an extra year....so they won't have to go to school together and be in the same grade.
Advertisements
Oh wow! I don't know anyone else who has kiddos so close togeter. Was it hard in the beginning? My girls will be in seperate grades too.
No it wasn't bad at all. We've always kept a house full of little ones. Infact at one time we had 2(3 month olds), 1(10month old), 2(2 year olds) and 1(5 year old). basically that was my bunch along with 2 other foster kids) I think that was the most LITTLE ones we've had at one time.
It was a lot of fun actually.... but the two 2 year olds were in an early intervention program and my 5 year old was in kindergarten. So really I only had the 2(3month olds and the 1 (10month old at home) during the day. It gave me enough of a break that it really wasn't bad. Then not long after I picked up the other kids from school DH was home to help out.
But it is much easier in the begining when they are all still pretty little. Once you have a bunch of 1-2 year olds running around getting into everything and not wanting to share and throwign fits....UHG...that's when it starts to really wear you out. The constant whinning, fussing, crying, screaming....over nothing really (since they don't really have good enough language skills at that age it seems all they want to do is cry or scream to say what they want or don't want.
lol...I got on here to say it's not bad....lol and now all I'm doing is complaining!!! But there are a lot of joys that come with it...it's so worth every minute.
I had wanted to adopt again and dh and I both agreed we wanted one more child and he asked if I would be willing to try getting pregnant again. I said I would, but without fertility drugs this time and I gave a 6 month window for trying and then we'd try adopting again. Surprise to us, the first month trying I got pregnant with the wee one.
Our adopted son finally arrived aged 8 months, just a month ago. We have gone through three years of failed attempts at conceiving, including 2 failed IVF rounds and over a dozen medicated cycles. The week after our son arrived, I realised my period was late and took a test. I’m currently nearly 7 weeks pregnant! I have only been pregnant once before (as a result of treatment, never spontaneously) and miscarried, so we are anxious but hopeful. We did always plan to resume fertility treatment after our son arrived. If this baby sticks, then we wouldn’t need to go through that again as we would be very happy with two. They will be 17 months apart! We are still in shock but elated 🥰
Advertisements
Anyone?
Does anyone have a story about conceiving after adopting? How long and how much IF treatments did you go through before hand? Were you trying?
Remmy
Our adopted son finally arrived aged 8 months, just a month ago. We have gone through three years of failed attempts at conceiving, including 2 failed IVF rounds and over a dozen medicated cycles. The week after our son arrived, I realised my period was late and took a test. I’m currently nearly 7 weeks pregnant! I have only been pregnant once before (as a result of treatment, never spontaneously) and miscarried, so we are anxious but hopeful. We did always plan to resume fertility treatment after our son arrived. If this baby sticks, then we wouldn’t need to go through that again as we would be very happy with two. They will be 17 months apart! We are still in shock but elated
Our adopted son finally arrived aged 8 months, just a month ago. We have gone through three years of failed attempts at conceiving, including 2 failed IVF rounds and over a dozen medicated cycles. The week after our son arrived, I realised my period was late and took a test. I’m currently nearly 7 weeks pregnant! I have only been pregnant once before (as a result of treatment, never spontaneously) and miscarried, so we are anxious but hopeful. We did always plan to resume fertility treatment after our son arrived. If this baby sticks, then we wouldn’t need to go through that again as we would be very happy with two. They will be 17 months apart! We are still in shock but elated