Advertisements
Advertisements
My husband was adopted from Depelchin Faith Home/Childrens Center. Born August 26, 1964, adopted June 14th of 1965. We believe he was born at St. Josephs in Houston. If there are other DePelchin peeps out there, drop me a line, maybe we can help each other search. Kat35@ev1.net
I could have known your husbands birth mother. i gave birth to a son sept 4 1964 at the depelchin faith home in houston texas and my son was born at st josephs. i was friends with some of the other mothers that gave birth in aug of 1964. i made good friends with a girl that gave birth to a son in aug. but can not remember the date but i do know her name. i have not been able to find my son.
Betty
Advertisements
My birthmother supposedly lived at the Depelchin Faith Home in Houston, and gave birth to me in September 1964. I believe her name was Virginia. Did anyone know a Virginia?
out_here
My birthmother supposedly lived at the Depelchin Faith Home in Houston, and gave birth to me in September 1964. I believe her name was Virginia. Did anyone know a Virginia?
Hello
I got your message and am not sure how to use this site so i hope you get this. My name is Betty and i gave birth September 4 1964 at 6:10pm. He weighed 7lbs 5oz. and i named him John Lamar. we were required to name our babies even though the adoptive parents change the name. i do have a sister named virginia which is odd but i am the one that was at the home. I made friends with some of the girls and we were not suppose to tell our last name but i did get to know one girl who was my roommate really well and know her last name but she gave birth the end of aug. I remember alot of the girls faces and a few first names but no last names. we were not allowed to go back to the home after we gave birth. we could come and go as we pleased while there. we walked to a small grocery store alot and my mother would come and get me and take me places. I would like to correspond with you. I would so like to find my son and it gives me hope to see that a son would look for his birth mother. I will put my e-mail on here. i guess i can do that. bandesmit@yahoo.com. Do you know how old your birth mom was. Things were so different back in the 60's. I was 20 but still home with my parents. High school graduate and a semester of college. Hope to hear from you.
Betty
I was adopted from Depelchin Faith Home in 1964 and am looking for my birthmom.
I found this forum, but don't have my papers with me to give details, I'll post again later, but here's what I THINK I know for now.....
My birthmom was living in Baton Rouge and her family sent her to Depelchin when she was about 6 months pregnant. She gave birth to me on Sept 19, 1964 in the morning. She named me Rachelle, my name is now Lisa and I live in Houston.
She got pregnant with a boyfriend of about 5 months, and they talked about marriage, but they decided it wasn't the right thing to do. She has 1 sister. She had her mom & stepdad, who she loved, and lived part of the time with her grandparents.
If anybody knows anything, please let me know.
THANKS! lisa@signad.com
august1964houston
My husband was adopted from Depelchin Faith Home/Childrens Center. Born August 26, 1964, adopted June 14th of 1965. We believe he was born at St. Josephs in Houston. If there are other DePelchin peeps out there, drop me a line, maybe we can help each other search. Kat35@ev1.net
I might have known your husbands birth mom if you want to contact me.
Betty
Advertisements
I'm looking for nephew born 1964 or 1965 Houston Texas adopted through Depelchin . Anyone with information can email me at donnasonnenburg@aol.com
Looking for my birth mother. I was born Aug 3rd 1964.
The only info I have is she was 5'1" with reddish blonde hair and hazel eyes. 105 lbs. I believe that she had two children before me, but not certain.
Hoping someone will have any info.
evanskristin@hotmail.com
Kristin Evans