Adoption finalization party
We will finalize DD's adoption on Sept. 11th. We plan to have a party with our family and friends to celebrate at a local park. I am having trouble coming up with the wording for the invitations. I have something like this "Please help us celebrate our joy in becoming DD's legal parents"
This sounds just a little too clinical for me. I also don't want people to bring gifts. Everyone was so incredibly generous when she was born. I know that it is not appropriate to put "no gifts please" on the invitations, but I don't know how else to get the point across.

Did anyone do anything similar? Do you have a better way to word the invitations?

thanks!
Beth
This was our wording:

We send out post cards on the front of the card it said :

Happy Adoption Day :

Our adoption is final...
Come celebrate with us !

on the other side it said :
Adoption Day is here
Let'sCelebrate !
When
Where
Time
No gifts please

But people still brought gifts !

Good Luck
Terri
How about "We're finally finalized!" Then, give other details?
How about, Please celebrate with us as we finalize our adoption instead of please help us celebrate?

Congratulations, by the way!!!
Our experience
Our invitations said " It's Official! Zachary is finally a forever (insert last name) kid! " and we used the phrase "Your presence is your present."
redfred said...
Our invitations said " It's Official! Zachary is finally a forever (insert last name) kid! " and we used the phrase "Your presence is your present."

I like saying something along this line. Your presence is present enough or something like that. I didn't send official invitations with either adoptioin. We did word of mouth and email! If I am blessed with a next time then I am coming back here and reading all these great ideas!
Hi... when we finally finalized our son was just over 2 years old. With the uncertainty of the adoption there were still a lot of my husbands relatives that had not met him. We wanted to have a big party. I ordered birth announcements through snapfish. It said "There's a New Sheriff in Town". Under that I put his new full name, born, home, It's Official, with the dates and then Proud Parents and our names. In the same envelope I had a flyer printed out that said at the top. "Come Celebrate our Joy" with date, time, place. I added some clip art of hotdogs, hamburgers and stuff like that. At the bottom it said "Your presence is our greatest present - no other gifts please. We had a great time. Have fun with it. Cheri
We sent out birth announcements when we brought him home that I made from a black and white photo of him. The text said: LIFE IS A BLEND OF PREDICTION AND SURPRISE. H joined our family on (date)

Later, for finalization, we made invites w/ H's handprint on them that said :
OURS.
Adoption finalized (date.)
Thanks to our friends and family for all your support.
Please join us at * to celebrate.
How about something like, Today (date) is the day that we've completed our family. Please join .... Please no gifts. Having you celebrate with us is a gift in itself.