Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello.
I was on here, so excited that we (VA) have our own post arena and the last "new post", besides mine, was almost 3 weeks ago. So if you are out there, HEEELLLLOOO!
my dh and I are waiting to be matched...first patiently, then:rolleyes: not so much and mainly me! see, my sw is awesome. soon as the ink was dry she was out actively looking for us. there was a 9 year old...okay maybe...then a 3 and 4 yr old, that sounds great! now a week and nothing. i know she is working diligently for us but i am starting to feel a little anxious:woohoo: . the 3 and 4 year old were more than i could have hoped for, thus anxiety:eek: ... i miss those active yrs, and those appreciative yrs, especially with a 12 and 14 year old.
okay, just wanted to throw something out there and see if anything or anyone's biting....:thankyou:
I am in Virginia and I use to do foster care but our local agency seems to hate people who want to adopt. We had a newborn for 6 months...were told from beginning that bparents rights were going to be terminated and that no one in the family was fit to take the baby nor did anyone want her. They told my then 2 year old that this baby was his baby sister forever. Then after 6 months they came knocking at my door and said that her aunt decided she wanted to take her now...never laid eyes on this child in her life but now wanted her?? Yeah right. They didn't even transition her to her new home they just took her and gave her to complete strangers....she screamed her head off for days and days according to the aunt who was in contact with us just 2 times then nothing at all. She just turned 4 this July and we still miss her terribly.
So my point is be very cautious when you are given a child and NEVER believe a word your worker tells you...they all lie...never tell the truth and they could care less about your feelings in all this....they are only in it for the money...yes I said the money. The county DSS office gets more money if they place a child with a family member rather than a foster/adopt family.
Sorry for the vent but all of this is true.
Hope your experience is much better than ours has been.
hope2adoptn07
Advertisements
I am in VA. It's been quite some time since I've posted here. I have a 7 year old son through adoption. If there is any info you are looking for, just ask.