Advertisements
Advertisements
We attended our daughter's High School open house last night. She's a freshman -- oouch! We adopted her from Suceava in 1993.
Our baby boy is graduating High School this year -- double ooch!! We adopted him from Buchurest in 1991.
It led me to wonder if anyone else on this board adopted kids from Romania in early 1990's who are now full fledge teenagers.
A few years ago we all went back to Romania for a visit - and had a wonderful time. Our son thinks about Romania, and said he would love to go back for a visit some day. Our daughter - rarely thinks about Romania, and said she would love to see other countries in Europe. Both have adjusted well.
Anybody else with High School adoptees from Romania?
We have a 9yo from Buzau born in 1997. She has incrediable learning disabilities however, she is a born figure skater. Her dream is to compete in the Olympics with the Romanian team. A doctor we have has put us in touch with the Romanian skating coach and she has been invited to come skate with them. She has many unresolved issues regarding Romania and her birth and we are slowly working on them. Glad to hear that all has gone well for you. Nancy
Advertisements
We know how you feel .......... while watching the Olympics we always-always cheer for the Romanians! The Gymnastic squad got robbed a few years ago! I think our 17 year old secretly wants to play basketball for the Romanian team! He wears his Romanian soccer jersey all the time.
Our son had a language delay, which resulted in some "slower learning skills". He'll graduate on time, and attend Community College until he figures out where he wants to go.
Our daughter could do anything she wants in life
regards
Grab some Kleenex!
[url=http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/tm_method=full%26objectid=18086590%26siteid=94762-name_page.html]Mirror.co.uk - News - Top Stories - EXCLUSIVE: BACK TO THE DYING ROOM[/url]
My son Alex is 12 and he BIG! Can't believe that my boy is going to be a teen. He is so handsome and popular at school. Very talented football player. Has no interest in Romania but I hope one day he will and we can visit. I have 4 children all adopted from different countries but Alex was my first son.
Elisa
Advertisements
I know you asked for parents who adopted children but i noticed this post and had to reply. I was adopted in 1990 from Bucharest, Romania and now live in Ireland.
I understand everything that everyone has said here. i love both my parents to death but ever since I hit 13/14 I always wondered about my biological identity. I always feel a connection to everything Romanian, all of it is close to my heart and always on my mind. i support romanian football and rugby and have even been to see steaua bucharest play here in ireland. an amazing experience because my brother(who is also adopted from romania) bought tickets in the romanian supporters section. it was an amazing feeling and we seemed to just fit in.
i have never been back but long to do so. there are so many things i do not know about my life, my parents, my family etc. i think as you grow older it becomes more of a question for anyone adopted. it begins to take over your thoughts alot more.
both my brother and i are doing great and attend university where i study law and play rugby.
I can tell you all one thing from my perspective whether or not your kids say they think about romania or their bioloical parents they do. its always with you. i hope all your kids have amazing lives and i am in awe of you all for the gifts you have given these children, who without your help and support could be in a very different situation today. but it always hurts me to think of all those children left behind :(
regards,
mihaila xXx
I should preface my last message and say that Alex was 5 when adopted and spent his first years in the orphanage. His memories of Romania are not happy ones and probably why he has always had little interest in Romania. He will be 15 shortly and we are so proud of him and can't even say. He has overcome so much and done so well in school, sports, in everything. He is an exceptional person and I think that one day he will want to learn more.
Elisa
I shared your post with "my two Romanians" - they agreed with you. They always think about it - but it is not always front and center in their thoughts.
If you need a good cry - go to Youtube and search "Romanian orphan Back to the Roots". It chronicles a recent trip back by several Romanian orphans.
Yes I agree it is not always at the forefront of ones mind but it is there. That link is very emotive and I had a good cry when I saw it. In Ireland there is a singer called Daniel O Donnell and he does alot of work in Romania and they always show his programme once a year. If i ever see a link or fond it i will link it to this thread!
What is very sad to note is that adoptions have now closed in Romania and there are so many more children which need to be adopted and given a better life.
Though I hear from a number of people that adoption is now legal agin in Romania but there is alot of paper work and so on. Apparently after they joined the EU it became lega again. Does anyone know if this is true or just hear say?
Regards,
Mihaila
Advertisements
I am looking for a girl who was adopted from Romania early 1990-1991 . her name was Ecaterina Mihalache. born 22 may 1980 bucharest .she was adopted to France ( from what i heard)or Canada. her currently name might be David Ecaterina. i know this forumis for other purposes but i am posting wherever i can.hoping to find her. hope she wil see my post ( if she ;s ever looking for her familly)
Gabri3la
I am looking for a girl who was adopted from Romania early 1990-1991 . her name was Ecaterina Mihalache. born 22 may 1980 bucharest .she was adopted to France ( from what i heard)or Canada. her currently name might be David Ecaterina. i know this forumis for other purposes but i am posting wherever i can.hoping to find her. hope she wil see my post ( if she ;s ever looking for her familly)
You should start your own thread, it might get more views. I hope you get your answers.