Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
INS has a way of knowing if your wife resides in the US or not believe me, they are very good at that . They know when/if she leaves the US. She will have to show her latest income tax return, police clearance and other documents as requirements for the adoption. You will have to attend the pre-adoption seminar, home study, etc.
Im sorry I think I gave you an incomplete website so try this one more time , I hope it works [url=http://travel.state.gov/family/adoption/country/country_437.html]Intercountry Adoption Philippines[/url]
Per the website if you are married you must file jointly. I dont know though if the wife could stay in the Philippines until the adoption is final while the hubby is in the US. This is one of the reasons why we couldnt do the same as we have other responsibilities here in the US and we definitely would not live separately.
These are just my personal opinions and tiring research . Try to contact a Phillipine attorney or any accredited adoption agency on the website for their professional advice. Keep me posted as I would want to know what they have to say . I tried contacting some of them but no luck ! We havent signed up with any agency yet, we ourselves are still learning the ropes, getting as much information as we could and then proceed with the process.