Advertisements
Advertisements
I recently purchased the Dixie Chicks new cd. I was reading through the lyrics and noticed the song "Voices inside my head". I know in the past we have had several threads on our favorite adoption songs. For me "Voices inside my head" says everything I've never heard in a song about how I feel. I'm not sure if one of the three ladies is a birthmother or maybe they know a birthmother, but thier words could not be any more real. The way they say "I was only a kid when I said good bye to you - Ten summers ago - but it feels like yesterday - lost scared and alone - nothing i could give to you - I tried I really did - but I couldn't find another way - and I want - and I need - somehow to believe - in the choice - I made - am I better off this way - I can hear the voice inside my head - saying you should be with me instead - everytime I'm feeling down - I wonder - what would it be like with you around - so I, I made my way - cold and roaming in the wild - I'm forever changed - by someone I never knew - now I've, I've got a place - a husband and a child-but I'll never forget - what I've given up in you - and I want - and I need - somehow to believe - in the choice I made - am I better off this way - I can hear the voice inside my head - saying you should be with me instead - everytime I'm feeling down, I wonder - what would it be like with you around - and I want - I need - somehow to believe - in the choice - I made - am I better off this way"....Dixie Chicks
Let me know your thoughts...!
Loveccl
Sniffles--That does sound like a good song!
You know, maybe I need to start listening to country music. I never really have before. I usually like either older alternative rock like Counting Crows, Pearl Jam...or mellow women rockers like Sheryl Crow, Shawn Colvin etc. I like singer/songwriters. I don't like anything that screams "American Idol." Lol.
I'll look online and see if I can find either of the songs mentioned and give them a try. ;)
Advertisements
I haven't listened to KSCS in years!! Glad to hear they still support the Dixie Chicks!! Thanks for letting me know where the Twister was...I could never find it!! LOL!!
I think the Dixie Chicks MySpace page also has their Not Ready to Make Nice video :p
I flip through radio stations alot, it depends on my moods. If I come across a song I like I'll grab the CD so I can listen to it at the office. (We're not allowed to have radios on our desks only personal radios and of course you don't get good reception inside a building.)
:clap:
I was until they protested by pretending the Dixie Chicks didn't exist. LOL I thought they would get over it, but they didn't. So I channel surf in the car.
When I leave work today I'm going to see if I can find the Twister :p and I'll need to see if I can find the Reba CD this weekend :clap:
MsDesi - Who sings that song? I'll need to check that one out too :)
I'm always up for a good song I can relate to as a Birthmom.
Advertisements
After seeing this post I ordered the CD and just got it yesterday the only time I got a chance to listen was on my way to work this morning..Almost had to pull over..Made me cry.
[FONT=Century Gothic]Beginning to think that there be a warning "Tears will flow" on the CD.[/FONT]
Or at least "Warning Birthparents: CD will make you cry". I was able to relate to alot of the songs on the CD. Some of them are empowering too!!
I enjoyed the whole CD as well..It should come with a warning..had to sit in my car and compose myself..
Advertisements
Voice Inside My head is one I listen to over and over again and sometimes I MUST turn it off. Most days the voices are loud enough in there already and I don't need the song to remind me.
I just saw that VH1 is doing a Storytellers episode on the Dixie Chicks this Sat 10/28 (That's when the artist does a small concert and tell the story behind each of their songs) I wonder if they'll do "Voices", it would be really interesting to know the story behind that song!!
[FONT="Century Gothic"]I hope they do. I would be very interested in the story behind that one.[/FONT]
I guess I'm a little different... honestly, the band that always makes me feel better is VNV Nation... not any song in particular, but the entire Empires album.
I'm getting a tattoo on my chest soon of the baby's right foot print and some lyrics from the VNV Nation song Standing under it "Through my eyes stare into me; I bear my heart for all to see; Though seasons change, things come to pass; remain inside of me."
Advertisements
Well I did put "Voices" as my myspace song...its not something that anyone really understands...but its my page. I just emailed my amom's sister (my contact) pics of me and she said that my boy looks just like me...so nice to hear. :clap:
Have a great day ladies...I love knowing this thread brought us all together.
Loveccl
I love to put songs on my profile that have "hidden " meanings like that. LOL!
Mine now is "Rush" by Big Audio Dynamite, an "alternative" song that came out in 1991 when I was pregnant and it reminds me of that time, but the words kind of express how I feel now. No one else would really get that but me!!
It is awesone to hear that your son looks like you. I know the feeling :) It's also a nice feeling to know we're all here together too!:grouphug: