Advertisements
Advertisements
I'm very thankful to the Salvation Army after all these years and give more than just a few coins in the kettle during the holiday season.
For just over two months I was a resident in the Booth Home in Grand Rapids, MI. It was located at the corner of Fuller and Fulton Roads. I believe the hospital was associated with Butterworth Hospitals. I gave birth to a boy there on 11/11/74. He weighed 7 lbs. He was placed by Catholic Social Services of Muskegon (or Grand Rapids?) I'm not actively searching but wouldn't mind being found (even though women are more likely to be curious about their birthparents). I do know the whereabouts of the biological father as well.
Happy birthday to a young man of 33! Hope life is treating you well. I'm praying for you.
Advertisements
I was at a maternity home in Sacramento, CA in the fall of 1971 and gave birth to a baby girl in early November. I don't remember the exact date or the name of the hospital. I've must of blocked out the memory of those days when I was all alone in the world and gave birth to Nicole Marie. I've just started my search for her after all of these years and could use some advise.
I was at a maternity home in Sacramento, CA in the fall of 1971 and gave birth to a baby girl in early November. I don't remember the exact date or the name of the hospital. I've must of blocked out the memory of those days when I was all alone in the world and gave birth to Nicole Marie. I've just started my search for her after all of these years and could use some advice.
Subject: Locate Surviving immediate family (birth parents / siblings) due to death of adoptee.
I have documents re: birth certificate and death certifcate and some state information from AL but unable to upload to this forum.
(born 4.21.1937 - Died 2.1.07)
Julie Smith was [Born as Marion Louise Harris] on 4.21.1937 at the Salvation Army Hospital in Birmingham Al.
ՕBirth Mother of [Marion Louise Harris] was Ruth Harris age 15 with a date of birth of 3.27.1922.
Birth Mother Ruth had an older sister of 17, younger sister age 11, younger brother age 10, younger twin brothers age 6, younger brother 5 and a girl 2 according to information we have obtained. Apparently the birth mothers father worked for the railroad at the time of birth and its reported there was a fight between the birth mother Ruth and her father (unknown) about giving up the child as he was unable to care for this child as he already had 8.
There is significant information above that should provide us contact information to locate Julie SmithՒs ( Born Marion Louise Harris) biological birth family. Although its possible the immediate family may be deceased we would still like to obtain family information.
Please e-mail me at Jsmith9899@comcast.net
Booth Memorial Home in Pittsburgh, PA. - Dec. 1968 - I gave birth to a daughter named Amy Lynne. I've just started searching adoption sites. Any info, please leave a message. Thank you.
Advertisements
Female Adoptee born 8/11/1965.
Non-ID Info was very sketchy but stated Mother was 17, Father was 23.
Mother stayed at Booth Home for un-wed mothers prior to birth.
A-parents stated I was born at Immanuel Hospital, other information states I was born at Booth Memorial Hospital.
Adoption was through what is now Lutheran Family Services.
Im looking for my deceased father's birth family. He was born 8/17/1951 at the Salvation Army Evangeline Home in GR, MI. His given name at birth was Michael. Any info would be greatly appreciated. The central territory of salvation army will not release records because Im not the actual adoptee or birth parent, even though he is deceased.
Thanks
Manda :)
I was born Alice Faye Shelton at Booth Memorial Hospital Feb. 13, 1964. I was adopted through the Missouri Baptist Children's Home. So HAPPY:woohoo: I found this thread. Had NO idea Booth was national!!!
Advertisements
:thanks: My aunt Alice will be 90 this year. I recently found out that she had a child close to the year 1938 at a Salvation Army home for unwed mothers in Oakland, CA. I would love to meet my cousin or the family and talk about Alice. Thank you.:thanks:
I was Born on 10/16/71 At Booth Hospital which was in the Milwaukee area (Wauwatosa, WI).
Still searching for any BM info. Have NonID info but keep hitting a brick wall. Not giving up just running out of self search options as 1 of the possable Schools in Northern Wisconsin is not willing to give me access to simple year books.
Born 10/16/71 Booth Hospital Milwaukee, WI.
BM from (Guessing)Northern Wisconsin Poss. Manitowoc.
Was an Honor Student who may have become a Teacher.
Was the oldest of 7 Children.
Any info or ideas please email to adopt71@wi.rr.com
I stayed at the Boothe Home in Pittsburgh, PA from Sept. - Dec. 1968. My stay was very good, and the care was wonderful. I'd love to find my daughter. My searching has not been fruitful.
Advertisements
I was born at the Booth Memorial Hospital in Chicago on January 31, 1978. I've been told that I also have a sibling that was also given up for adoption in 1974 or 1975. I'm not sure if this sibling is a boy or a girl. I think my birth name was Lenea, but I'm not positive.
Please help...
~Liz
:thanks:
Hello,
I was so excited to fine this site.
I just recently found out that my mother had another child before me. Born sometime before 1964 in Catherine Booth Hospital of Cincinnati, Ohio. Where I also was born.
This hospital is no longer there and any info on how to access their records or anyone looking for a sibling or birth mother from this area please contact me.
Shutterbug_1@msn.com
:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: