Advertisements
Advertisements
jtyler
there is a link for the unwed mothers home that people that stayed there can post on about there stay in different states as well..it is divided by years though not states so you have to sift through all of them...i think it is called kay's
i jsut googled and found it..it is kays maternity home registry ! good luck
I tried to find this site and was unable to can anyone help
Becca
Advertisements
Female adoptee born 12/08/1966 in Philadelphia seeking medical history and information from biological mother, biological father or biological siblings. Not looking for a reunion....have had multiple serious medical issues and cancer more than once and my drs. are really wanting any biological medical information (as do I!). Thank you!
I am searching for my half brother. He was born on 10/06/1970. Mother's name: Martha S. Glass, age: 17
Father's name: George Holms or Andews, age: 19?
His father was "black" and mother was "white". She was alowed to "name" him - Eric Van Glass. I would really love to find my brother. My mom was told he was being adopted by a Baptist Minister.
I was 13 when I got pregnant and gave birth when I was 14 in Chicago, Il at Salvation Army's Booth Memorial Home for unwed mothers.
Your name at birth, Wendy Michelle. I only knew her for 1 week before she was taken from me.
I miss her and want to know her, I want her to know me and her siblings.
I pray that we come togehter.
Advertisements
i was born at salvation army booth memorial hospital, Los Angeles on 12-03-70. my dr. was dr. david hernandez. i believe my name was anna m. heber. my mother was 16 and father 19. please resopnd w any info! thanks!
lvh1965
Female Adoptee born 8/11/1965.
Non-ID Info was very sketchy but stated Mother was 17, Father was 23.
Mother stayed at Booth Home for un-wed mothers prior to birth.
A-parents stated I was born at Immanuel Hospital, other information states I was born at Booth Memorial Hospital.
Adoption was through what is now Lutheran Family Services.
Hi, also born at Booth Mem in Omaha in 1959. Found my birth mother (deceased) last year and birth father this year. Helpful hint: birth parent is required to sign consent form to give you info. My birth mother didn't sign consent form until 1992, when I was 33. If I had tried earlier, I would have been told no and probably would have given up. Keep trying back in case consent form was signed in the interim. Good luck.
1 Liked
 likes this.
Hi, good luck with your search. I just found my birth family and would like to help with some advice for your search. My number one hint is to check the adoption laws in the state where you gave birth, see what that state's law requires to give out info to adoptee. You may have to sign a consent form like my birth mother did. Your daughter might be looking for you and can't access the info without your consent. Also, some states have their own registries you can join where they act as mediator between adoptee and birth family. If she is looking for you, she might belong to it and they can match you up. Most of the time, this service is free. Also, join Soundex and any other registry you can find to get your name and info out there. Don't use paid search companies, they charge so much and don't guarantee any info. There are plenty of places that do this work for free. If the adoption is sealed, they can't find any info you can't find yourself. Happy hunting!
Ndella
I was 13 when I got pregnant and gave birth when I was 14 in Chicago, Il at Salvation Army's Booth Memorial Home for unwed mothers.
Your name at birth, Wendy Michelle. I only knew her for 1 week before she was taken from me.
I miss her and want to know her, I want her to know me and her siblings.
I pray that we come togehter.
Good luck with your search. I recently found my birth mother and father and have some advice for you and other birth mothers who are searching. Check the laws of the state where you gave birth regarding the release of info to adoptees. They may require that you sign a consent form to release any info, like my mother did. Your daughter might be looking for you and is unable to access the info b/c you haven't signed something. Also, some states have adoption triad registries that act as mediators between adoptees and birth parents. Basically the state has all the information, and when an adoptee registers, they check their records for a match to a birth parent. They contact the parent and request permission to share the info, and if the birth parent consents, they match them up to each other. Usually this service is free. Also, beware of services you have to pay to do this, if the adoption was sealed, they can't access any info you can't access yourself, and you have more of a right to the info than they do to begin with. Get involved with adoption rights advocates in the state where the adoption took place, they can help direct you in many ways that might be handy to know about. Good luck!
Advertisements
Mother was a resident at Booth Memorial Home prior to delivery at St. Lukes. Baby was adopted within days of birth.
I am a birth mother who resided at Booth Hopsital in Buffalo for 6 months. I was tutored in order to keep my school work current , made 1 lifelong friend , cared for my baby for 2 weeks after his birth before being place in foster care . Early in 1955 he was placed for adoption , and years later I learned he was placed in a family who later adopted 3 more children . I am sure he was loved---but is always in my heart ,especially today. In 1976 I was reunited with birthfather and a year later we married . " Unwed pregnancy " was whispered about in those years , and we felt we had no choice but to do what our parents said in this regard . i have photos of this beautiful boy taken in April of 1955 , as I had to consent to hernia surgery for him and a meeting was arranged for both birth parents to have a visit . We cherish these pictures .
I too lived at the Booth home and continued my education there. I gave birth to a baby girl on 2/7/69. I did not hold her because I thought I could not let her go. I regret that decision. Over all my experience in Buffalo was positive despite the anguish of decisions. I have been searching for many years. Your sister from Booth in Buffalo.
I was born at Booth Hospital in Des Moines, IA --March 27,1961. My birth mother was unmarried and 20 at time of my birth. I was named Lana Rae Kaiser. I am looking for any information regarding either birth parent. I don't know much except birth mother was born in Omaha and she had a sister who was 17 when I was born. I don't know anything about my birth father.
If you want your privacy protected, I will respect that, but please provide medical info. It's horrible when you don't know your family medical history especially after you have kids of your own.
Thank you
Advertisements
Searching for Sherrill Robinson, born at Booth Memorial in Spokane on July 20th, approx. 1940. I have posted requests on every adoption site I can find and am contacting the Salvation Army, but dont hold out much hope that the adoption agency is still around 60 years later. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated :thanks: P.S. Sherrill was very ill her first year of life and had not been adopted until after her first birthday. Anyone know how to track down an orphanage or where she would have been??
Looking for Birth Mother.
Nov. 25, 1946
Girl
Salvation Army Hospitial, Oakland, Ca.
Alameda county
birth mother was 23 years old at time of Birth
my adopted name is Carol Martha Whelan