Advertisements
Advertisements
She was born Claire VanPelt, probably in 1957 in Queens New York through the Salvation Army Booth memorial hospital. Any help I can get would be great great. Her birth mothers name was Patricia and she was 20 years old at her birth.
Advertisements
keegsmom25
Im looking for my deceased father's birth family. He was born 8/17/1951 at the Salvation Army Evangeline Home in GR, MI. His given name at birth was Michael. Any info would be greatly appreciated. The central territory of salvation army will not release records because Im not the actual adoptee or birth parent, even though he is deceased.
Thanks
Manda :)
Hi Manda,
My deceased father was also born at SA Evangeline Home in GR, MI. I was wondering if you have had any luck. I am having a really hard time tracking down my real grandmother. My father was born there in 1930, so you can imagine how hard it is to find records. Good luck and God Bless. -pamela
My birth mother stayed at Booth Brown House in St Paul MN in the fall of 1959. She was 4'10" and used hand crutches both stature & mobility resulting from childhood polio. Due to complications at the time of her delivery she was moved to the University of MN.
I was born 10/14/1959, surrendered at birth and adopted through Lutheran Social Services, MN in 1961. In the foster care records I was called, first, Cora then Betsey.
When my birth mother was contacted in the late 70֒s she did not wish to share identifying information. At the time she was living in FL and disabled with Post-Polio Syndrome. At that time I learned she had a (second) daughter born 1961-62. She had not married and raised her daughter as a single parent.
I would like to find my sister - if my birth mother is no longer alive or no longer objects. If anyone who stayed at Booth / St Paul in the fall of 1959 remembers my mother I would be interested to hear about her. If foster parents for LSS (or their children) remember a Cora or Betsey older than the usual infants waiting for adoption - or might have pictures from Christmas 1959 I would like to hear from them.
Birth mother was staying at Booth Memorial in Omaha. I was born on 3-19-1968. Birth name RUSSELL(first name) Looking for some kind of contact. Birth Mother was born in May 1949. She would have been 18 at the time of my birth. Adoption was finalized the following year 1969 in June in Linn Co Iowa. Adoption handled by Children's Home Society (now Child Square USA) in Council Bluffs, IA.
Son's birth name was Lee Michael Wanden...Protestant Youth Org./Christian Family Services...17105 W Twelve Mile Road Southfield Michigan handled the adoption...my worker was Percy Andrews..I have a background report and finalized date in Wayne County 01-21-1974.....the adoptive father was a lawyer mother was employed at a hospital with a degree in nutrition...oh my God I know so much but can't get anywhere with this important medical info he should have.....wanting to get very important medical info to him and to see if he is ok..................
Advertisements
In search of my birth sibling (unknown gender).
My mother was 16 years old when she gave birth at the Salvation Army Booth Maternity Homes (for Unwed Mothers) -- located in Manhattan, NY (between 16th Street & First Avenue)
My mother's information.
Her name then was Violet Rose Geiger
D.O.B. is 9-30-1927
My mother was taken there while she was in labor by her parents on 9/30/43; however birth might have the following day on 10/01/4. When she woke up the next day 10/1, the baby had been taken away. She was never told sex of the baby --whether boy or girl?
Not knowing her child all these years, have been an ordeal for my poor mother and especially because the day she went in there, she had just turned 16 years old on 9/30, the day she gave birth.
There has not been a single birthday that my mother doesn't cry because this has always been on her mind --same day her baby was born!
This is why I decided to search and find my sister and maybe give my mom a birthday present this month when she turns 83 year!
If you are out there my sister or brother, please know you have a mother and father and two sisters and one brother, nieces and nephews.
Hoping to find you even if just to see you and see how you have been all these years.
Fondly,
Patricia Cataraso - Glendale, NY
Email: Seataina@aol.com
I am searching for my son....born in detroit....11-18-1972.....a piece of my heart still lays on the floor there in the nursery....i have had medical issues and dont know what the future is i need to know he is ok......help me please
I am in search of my son born in detroit michigan William booth salvation army booth unwed mothers home on 11-18-1972..i have alot of info but not enough...i have finalized date wayne county....i know its state of hidden records but is there any help out there.....:):cheer: mt e mail lonlee76@hotmail.com
Advertisements
Looking For Any Information On Catherine Booth Home In Cincinnati Ohio My Bith Place...... I am aware that this home is closed down yet wanted to know if anyone has any data or pictures of the building?
I was born July 18 1980 at the Salvation Army booth Memorial in Chicago IL. My name at birth may have been Sara. My mothers last name at that time may have possibly been Williams or Smith. She was about 19 yrs old at the time of my birth and possibly in college from what I have been told. If you know of anyone who may know this woman or her family please contact me. She is african american and her mother or grandmother may have been actively involved in their church choir. I was told that I got my singing voice from them.
Hello,
I am seeking my BM--my birth name was Jennifer Vreeland--born @Booth Memorial Hospital in Flushing, Queens, NYC 04/17/68. BM name is Catherine Vreeland. Birth Sister's names: Chrissy and Kathy. I suspect since my maternal grandmother who forced my BM to give me up for adoption at 20 years old forced her to have me at an unwed mother's medical facility near the hospital--and i'm suspecting that was a Salvation Army-based facility. I know BM has married an ex-priest and is or had been living in Pennsylvania.
Please contact me, BM. I don't mean any harm! HONEST! :)
~Victoria
My sister and I are searching for a brother we just found out about. Our parents are both deceased and we dont have much info to go on. Our mothers name is Virginia Lee May. He would have been born in 1960, possibly summertime at Salvation Army Hospital for unwed mothers in Selma Ala. Any help in locating this brother would be greatly appreciated. We belive he was adopted by a lady named Mary. Last name is possibly Greer. His adoptive Mother had contacted my Aunt several years ago looking for Virginia. My aunts name is Patricia Ann May Coats, she lived in Demopolis Alabama. Virginia Lee May Smith is the Birth Mothers full name, and she lived in Alabama at the time of the bitrth, and lived in Ga until time of death in 2007.
If you have an idea that you may be this brother we are looking for, or have information that could help us, please email us @ rednour4@yahoo.com and or kanglin24@comcast.net.
Advertisements
louwilson22
I was at a maternity home in Sacramento, CA in the fall of 1971 and gave birth to a baby girl in early November. I don't remember the exact date or the name of the hospital. I've must of blocked out the memory of those days when I was all alone in the world and gave birth to Nicole Marie. I've just started my search for her after all of these years and could use some advise.
Wow, I almost thought it was me when I saw the Year and Month were the same but you were in the wrong State. I was born in Louisville KY instead of Sacramento CA. My heart did a little flip flop. LOL I wish you the best of luck in finding her. Maybe both of us will find the missing pieces we are looking for.
I am searching for my birth family. I was born in Louisville, KY in November of 1971. My birth mother was 18 (I think) and my birth father was 27 (I think) I have tiny amounts of non-id information but not enough. I wish you all the best of luck in your searches as well.