Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello, I am looking for my paternal grandparents. My father was born 9/28/59 or 9/29/59 in Detroit, MI. I know a bit more info, but I don't have it on hand right now. I think that his parents were together/married, but I am not sure about that. He was not adopted right away. His name is Kevin Allen, not sure if that was his birth name though. I will have to look into that more.
Advertisements
Female born with last name Smith on 7/6/68 at Booth Memorial in Queens, NY. I am looking for any information to locate my birth mother who may have been part of the home at that time .. I just found out my name yesterday and don't even know where to begin except for here.
Hi, I'm searching for my birth parents. I was born at Booth Memorial in Chicago on April 26, 1972. My birth mother's name was Pamela Hall, and she named me Wanda Hall. My adoption was handled through Easter House of Chicago, and the agency has since gone out of business. I've had a few leads, but none panned out.
Also, if anyone was at the Booth Home in 1972, or worked there, I'd love to talk to you about what it was like to live there, I want to know what it was like for my mom living there.
Thanks!
I just saw ur post n wanted to respond cuz I know nothing BOUT my adoption. In fact I've heard allot about birth days being alerted on paper work. I was born in Pittsburgh, they say on 12/13! Please reply
I m a female born on 12/13/68! I saw ur thread n was hoping for a reply! I have heard of so many nightmares about date of births being altered to prevent adoptees from finding their true identities n of their biological families
Advertisements
Good morning. I am so sorry for the delayed reply. I am not sure how to respond to your question. I certainly can relate to your discouragement in finding your parents as I have been searching for 45 years. I will answer any questions you might have and try to assist you. I pray that New York's laws will be changed in 2015 to open the original birth certificates files! Marcy
Colleen-
My name is Quincy Shipman, born the David James Kent 03/18/1966 in Booth Memorial Hospital to a Sharon Colleen Kent 04/15/1949. She was 16 and the adoption was handled through Hammermaster Law Firm. My Dad and family for years have been searching for her. Many years ago my mother contacted her uncle Kenneth Kent who helped Sharon when she was pregnant with my dad. Nothing further was done about this situation. Last night I looked through the adoption paperwork and decided I would do some searching. I told my dad I would NOT stop until I found information on her. We have always been unsure if she wanted to be contacted. Your Post matches his adoption 100%!!!
Please contact me as soon as possible at quincywrae@hotmail.com.
We are all anxiously awaiting your response.
Looking for my grandmothers twin
She was born 12/31/1947 her twin may have the same birthdate or it may be 1/1/1948.Born in Biringham Alabama at Salvation Army Hospital, Mothers name was Katherine Simpson she was 15 or 16 at time of birth and gave both up for adoption . My grandmother is getting older and I would like to unite them.
Advertisements
This is a thread where I encourage anyone and everyone affiliated with the Salvation Army Booth Maternity Homes and/or Hospitals to post their information. Salvation Army Booth had maternity homes and hospitals all around the country - although they are no longer in existence (they closed during the 70's) - there were many babies born there and many mothers who resided in their maternity homes and gave birth at the Booth hospitals. This is a common place for adoptees and birth mothers to post their information. It would be helpful to list the city and date of birth and any other information you are willing to provide. Thank You!! :grouphug:
Hello, I am looking for my maternal cousin, born to my aunt who was sent to a maternity home in Chicago in April 1958. I believe my cousin - male and red-headed at birth - was born in or shortly after April 1958. He was adopted immediately upon birth.
My aunt's name is Aleta Berkey. Aunt Aleta is now deceased, but I hope to reach my cousin and connect him with his birth family if he so desires.
Hello, I am looking to understand the process of the Salvation Army's Home for Unwed Mothers, specifically how the Omaha, Nebraska facility was operated circa 1962. Did unwed parents ever get to see their babies? What were they told to do once they had given birth, i.e. forget about it? Never talk about it? Mourn it? Just what tools were they given to deal with the pre-Roe v. Wade era of unwed pregnancies, social stigmas, etc.?
Additionally, any information on a specific young mother there, Sharon Ruth Christie - maiden name, married name Dale, who gave birth on or about March 2, 1962 and if anyone knows of her or Justice Billy Seth Ball, her child's birth father.
Thank you for any and all relevant information.
1 Liked
 likes this.
Hello im looking for my brother who was born in '68 to Stephanie Norris if u have any information on where to find more information from booth
Hello, I am looking for my maternal cousin, born to my aunt who was sent to a maternity home in Chicago in April 1958. I believe my cousin - male and red-headed at birth - was born in or shortly after April 1958. He was adopted immediately upon birth.
My aunt's name is Aleta Berkey. Aunt Aleta is now deceased, but I hope to reach my cousin and connect him with his birth family if he so desires.
Advertisements