Advertisements
Advertisements
i am looking for my birth mother. I was born at the Booth Memorial Hospital in St. Louis, MO.
I believe my BM name was Carol Bain.
I was born Friday, January 13, 1967.
My birth name was Billy Loise Bain. Then changed to my current name.
I appreciate any help in locating her.
Thank you,
Rick Myers
Advertisements
How did you get your BM name? Did you get your original birth certificate with this name listed? If not, the original birth certificate can be obtained now (due to a law change effective 1/1/2018) by contacting the Missouri Vital Statistics). Go to this link for the details. I submitted my request 12/27/2017 and received it 7/21/2018.
i am looking for my birth mother. I was born at the Booth Memorial Hospital in St. Louis, MO.
I believe my BM name was Carol Bain.
I was born Friday, January 13, 1967.
My birth name was Billy Loise Bain. Then changed to my current name.
I appreciate any help in locating her.
Thank you,
Rick Myers
[quote=254715]
How did you get your BM name? Did you get your original birth certificate with this name listed? If not, the original birth certificate can be obtained now (due to a law change effective 1/1/2018) by contacting the Missouri Vital Statistics). Go to this link for the details. I submitted my request 12/27/2017 and received it 7/21/2018.
I actually found my court records online from the newspaper which had her name and my birth name. So, I've contacted the Salvation Army and getting what ever information they have. I'm also sending the request to the MO Vital Statistics as well. Thank you so much for your help.
Rick Myers
I am very excited to come across this page, as I have been searching on behalf of my husband for a long time now. He was born in the Salvation Army Mothers Hospital in Greyville Durban, South Africa. His birth date is March 27, 1979. He is looking for any family he might have. I do not have a name given at birth, but his name given by his adopted parents is Ryan Campbell Roxburgh. There was a Magdalena Home for unwed mother's next door, so his mother might have stayed there. Thank you for any help!
Heidi Roxburgh
Advertisements
6-20-1961 Female adopted in Omaha, Nebraska
Bio mom gave birth at Omaha Booth Memorial Hospital
Adopted female given name Cynthia Ann by adopted parents
Searching for any information tested with Ancestry.com
1 Liked
 likes this.
This is a thread where I encourage anyone and everyone affiliated with the Salvation Army Booth Maternity Homes and/or Hospitals to post their information. Salvation Army Booth had maternity homes and hospitals all around the country - although they are no longer in existence (they closed during the 70's) - there were many babies born there and many mothers who resided in their maternity homes and gave birth at the Booth hospitals. This is a common place for adoptees and birth mothers to post their information. It would be helpful to list the city and date of birth and any other information you are willing to provide. Thank You!! :grouphug:
1 Liked
 likes this.
Here’s some information I found that holds some real promise I hope it can help someone. There’s a place in Alexandria Virginia that has the records for the Booth hospitals I don’t have the persons name just the phone number of the place. 703-684-5529
Advertisements
I'm new to this, so please excuse my social blunders.
My husband was just told that he has a half-sister that was born in Cincinnati @ the Salvation Army / Booth Home. She was born in 1966 in the fall - Oct/Nov. He has spent 50 years believing to be the only child and his heart is broken.
My husband has taken a DNA test but we do not have the results back yet.
Are you here? Are you looking for us?
We are desperately searching and would appreciate any/all advise and suggestions.
Thank you, and God bless.
I stayed at the Boothe Home in Pittsburgh, PA from Sept. - Dec. 1968. My stay was very good, and the care was wonderful. I'd love to find my daughter. My searching has not been fruitful.
Hello. My mother was a resident also during this time. Her name was Jean Dahlquist. I am trying to find my half-sister born at Booth Memorial. I would love to talk to you to ask a few questions about your stay there. My email is beave3@gmail.com. Thank you.
Beverly
I am looking for a male adoptee, born October 1966. Booth Manor was the home. The attorney was Marvin Lundy. Any and all help is appreciated!
We’ve had no ancestry links, and have hit a wall with the search the court was helping us with. We discovered some documents by this attorney may have been altered, and no paperwork was given after the baby was born. Help!?
Advertisements
I was 13 when I got pregnant and gave birth when I was 14 in Chicago, Il at Salvation Army's Booth Memorial Home for unwed mothers.
Your name at birth, Wendy Michelle. I only knew her for 1 week before she was taken from me.
I miss her and want to know her, I want her to know me and her siblings.
I pray that we come togehter.
I just recently began to put pieces together about my life, and nothing ever made since to me about my childhood and why I kept being moved from place to place. I wasn't born in Columbia, no as I had been led to believe, the booth memorial was an unwed mothers home, I was told my birthday was August 30th, 1989. My number is 573-213-9950.
Baby Girl Born May 23, 1968 Mothers maiden name possible Warren or Darden @ Oakland, CA Memorial Booth Center Hospital for unwed mothers. Possible father Ronald Galusha looking for my little sister. We were connected through 23andMe that we have the same bio dad but now looking for her mom.
Last update on June 14, 12:06 am by Paris Blodgett.