Advertisements
Advertisements
What will YOU be doing in 2006 to help raise positive awareness for adoption? What are your plans? Need advice? Want to ask others what they've done? What did you do last year?
Discuss. November is just around the corner, folks. Gobble, gobble! ;)
We are helping w/ our agency's annual "fundraiser". I put it in quotes because they really raise very little money at this, it's mostly about raising awareness. This year, our former nanny helped us design the logo for the promotional stuff and for the first time, we'll have children's shirts and onesies with the logo on them---A tree with "leaves" that are people---Rooted in Life, Growing in Love. The agency will use any leftover onesies to give new aparents as gifts when they take babies home from the hospital.
DH and I are going to chair this event next year and I'd like to take it up a level. One thing I want to do for next year's event is to have a few stations set up where families could record a video---or an audio, if I can't get enough folks to make videos--- of them telling their adoption story in whatever way they want to---then be able to take the DVD home. Kind of like a wedding video, or the NPR StoryCorps project (which was where I got the idea.)
Jenna, you're a video person---is there an easy way to do this in 10 minute segments? What equipment will I need? What's the best way to do it so that they could actually take the DVD away with them?
Advertisements