Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I am new to the adoption.com forum, and apparently can't send pms yet... Apparently, I have to send a few more group posts first...
Am very interested in hooking up with Maryland forums. Would like advise regarding the best organization to hire for a home study. We're at the beginning of this process, and want to push through as quickly as we cn. Have considered using a national adoption organization, because my first impression is that all private agencies are quite expensive, but the national ones seem to speed the process up by at least several months. But I'd also love to hear advice from folks who've already selected an agency. We don't know anyone personally who has adopted. We have a biological daughter who is turning 4 next week (through fertility treatment, which we've tried again several times, unsuccessfully). I have a Ph.D. in anthropology. My husband works with refugees. I grew up with a foster sister, in a working class family. We're open to a child with any skin color/ ethnic heritage, and would raise them in a positive, loving multi-lingual household, with self-awareness, a good education, and exposure to an economically diverse and multi-cultural set of friends, family and neighbors... We've always wanted to have a second child. Two seems to be the right number. Our daughter is so gentle and sweet around babies, and has been asking about having a little brother or sister since she was old enough to talk... We're still green behind the ears, but wish to get through this daunting process quickly, if it's possible. So any advice on who to use or who to avoid for 1) the home study and 2) the adoption agency would really be appreciated.
Thanks so much.