Advertisements
Advertisements
I was born 8/12/67 in Chicago, IL. I was adopted through Catholic Charities Chicago. I do believe that I have Non-Identifiable Information (given to me by my parents), but no names.
I've had this yearning or curiosity to find my birth-parents for about as long as I can remember. I've always noticed resemblences between parents and children - and that always fanned the flames of curiosity. I thought it would have gone away with the birth of my daughter...but it didn't.
I've had a wonderful life, raised by two wonderful people, had a great environment to grow up in, I have 4 siblings & we're about as different as different gets, and I've had plenty of great opportunities in life. I'm college educated and now have a family of my own. Yet I'm still curious to know about the people that (biologically) brought me into this world.
If you stumble onto this and think you might be connected - here I am.
Peace,
Gary Damian
Advertisements
Hi brandx0407,
No, I haven't my birth mother yet. I was born 08/12/67. I'm a caucasion male. Born in Chicago. I was adopted through Catholic Charities. I only have a small amount of non-identifiable information about my biological parents. Do you have any information you can share about your mom? Maybe I can compare that against the non-identifiable information I have?
Her family ethnicity?
Her eye color?
Her height?
Did she have brothers?
How many?
How tall are/were they?
Thanks
garyd333
She is caucasian. 15 years old. Green eyes. Not sure how tall, she is 5'9" now. No brothers. My brother is 6'5". Maybe not a match?
I believe that my bio-mom was 18 when she gave birth to me, so that would put her at about 63yo now? (That's assuming the non-identifiable info I have is correct...and my memory is accurate). I believe (going off of memory here....I'll double check at home) that she had brothers (or maybe it was uncles?) that were pretty tall - like 6'4. I believe that it also said that she was 5'8" - so we're sort of in the ball park. I was adopted through Catholic Charities. Maybe that's something you can ask on your end? Let's not entirely give up on this just yet!! ;-)
Over the next few months, I'm also going to try to see if I can get my original birth certificate that would have my bio-moms name listed. If I could get that, well, it would make this a WHOLE lot easier.
Thanks
Gary
Hi Gary, were you able to find any more information on your birthmother? I am seeking my full brother and you seem to have common information..... Write me if you can! Heather (Laura Galvin)
Advertisements
Have you tried the Confidential Intermediary services in Illinois? You can petition the court for the appointment of a Confidential Intermediary and they can contact the party's involved to see if a reunion is desired.
A bit of good news, if you haven't already tried this: Illinois law now allows adoptees access to their original birth certificates, which will likely provide you with your birth mother's (and possibly birth father's) name.
I can't access the page right now, but if you google Illinois adoption records, you should see the link to the state's Vital Records site where you can get details and the application form. It's a good place to start.
Good luck.
Thank you so much and yes, I immediately requested and received my original birth certificate. Couldn't even wait to receive it! My Birthmother's name is Mary Kathryne Galvin and am unable to find any information on her. Her middle name (per the birth certificate) is unique and I thought it would be easy to narrow the search that way but so far, no luck. Thank you again for your direction and well wishes.
Advertisements
You are welcome! We have had a successful search through the Confidential Intermediary Service of Illinois. Their website is [url=http://www.CI-Illinois.org]CI Illinois[/url]. Their telephone number is 847-298-9096. We have just located my mothers birth sister and the process took about 2 months.
While you are waiting: I found a listing in Oak Lawn, Il states the date range as through 1993. Mary K Galvin Birth Date:3 Sep 1946
Address:
10320 Central Ave Apt 107, Oak Lawn, IL, 60453-4682
I'll see if I can find any other addresses or family listings. Good Luck!
Moira N Galvin, "United States Public Records Index"
Name: Moira N Galvin
Titles and Terms (Original):
Also Known As: M Galvin
2nd Also Known As Name: Mary Kathryn Galvin
3rd Also Known As Name:
Residence Date: 15 Nov 2007
Residence Place: Oak Lawn, Illinois, United States
Birth Date: 03 Sep 1946
Phone Number: (312) 774-4909
Phone Number Recorded Date: 25 Mar 2008
Address: 10320 Central Ave
Address Continued: Oak Lawn, Illinois 60453
Address Date: 15 Nov 2007
2nd Address: 10320 Central Ave Apt 107
2nd Address Continued: Oak Lawn, Illinois 60453
2nd Address Date: 01 Jan 2004-05 Dec 2008
3rd Address: 5929 N N
3rd Address Continued: Chicago, Illinois 60631
3rd Address Date: 01 Mar 1996-01 May 2001
4th Address: 5929 E N
4th Address Continued: Norwood Park, Illinois 60631
4th Address Date: 01 Feb 1993-01 Dec 1993
5th Address:
5th Address Continued:
5th Address Date:
6th Address:
6th Address Continued:
6th Address Date:
Possible Relatives:
Record Number: 235401293
Hello I am looking for my brother who was born there and her name is Stephanie Norris please contact me back she is looking as well I was born 8/12/67 in Chicago, IL. I was adopted through Catholic Charities Chicago. I do believe that I have Non-Identifiable Information (given to me by my parents), but no names.
I've had this yearning or curiosity to find my birth-parents for about as long as I can remember. I've always noticed resemblences between parents and children - and that always fanned the flames of curiosity. I thought it would have gone away with the birth of my daughter...but it didn't.
I've had a wonderful life, raised by two wonderful people, had a great environment to grow up in, I have 4 siblings & we're about as different as different gets, and I've had plenty of great opportunities in life. I'm college educated and now have a family of my own. Yet I'm still curious to know about the people that (biologically) brought me into this world.
If you stumble onto this and think you might be connected - here I am.
Peace,
Gary Damian
[/quote]