Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello!
We are in the very beginning stages of our adoption journey. Right now, we are deciding on an agency and on a "country". We're open to both domestic and international adoption, any race. The more research I conduct, the more I realize that there are many AA babies/children who are ready for forever families. In your research, did you find that adopting an AA baby was cheaper than international or Caucasian adoption? How much did your adoption cost? And, if I may also ask, what was your wait time?
Thanks so much for any information!
Chrystie
Advertisements
I agree with another comment that AA adoptions are typically less expensive than Caucasian, Bi-racial, etc., and some agencies are a flat fee for an AA adoption. We adopted from an agency that charges a flat fee for all domestic adoptions. Good Luck!
WOW... your agencies seem so much cheaper. We are looking at 18,500, + 1500 for a homestudy and legal fees.
Living in NY seems to be the problem. The state only allows us to use agencies that are licensed in NY and I have not had much luck. If your agency is licensed and NY and you have had a positive experience can you PLEASE pm me...
Thanks so much!! I am so encouraged by all of your posts that there are better options out there.
GinaMarie119
WOW... your agencies seem so much cheaper. We are looking at 18,500, + 1500 for a homestudy and legal fees.
Living in NY seems to be the problem. The state only allows us to use agencies that are licensed in NY and I have not had much luck. If your agency is licensed and NY and you have had a positive experience can you PLEASE pm me...
Thanks so much!! I am so encouraged by all of your posts that there are better options out there.
Gina,
I believe an agency called Spence-Chapin is in New York and I believe they have a minority program with reduced fees. Maybe someone else can give you more details. I wasn't thinking they were as high as $18,500.
I am working with an agency in MI that seems to have good cost. Since we are homestudy ready we will have to pay $2700 once matched and $1250 for Bmother legal fees once we are placed. We have our own lawyer , which they will let us use. AFterwards you just pay for your post visits every 3 months.
Advertisements
jaenelle
We will have spent about $18,000 including EVERYTHING -- homestudy, all travel, legal, post-placement visits, etc.
Agency fee itself was $13,000, to give you an idea of what the "extras" may cost.
Yuna is full African-American and healthy and beautiful. We waited just over two months from agency approval to placement.
Incidentally, we used the same agency as traceyk.
Janelle,
Would you mind PM'ing me the name of the agency you used. I know you said it was the same one that TraceyK used, so I would be interested in finding out some more info about them. Thanks in advance.
LT
Inculding everything, homestudy, travel, agency fees, lawyer fees, ect. ours was clost to 25, 000.
We are hoping to adopt again for under 20,000, it would be nice if we could find one under 15,000.
Can anyone recommend an agency in the state of TX whose fees for an AA infant are close to $10K? DH and I live in San Antonio, TX.....we are done with the emotional rollercoaster called foster care.
Don't get me started........LOL
We NOW understand why the fee's are the way they are for private agencies!!!!
Advertisements
Can anyone recommend an agency in Georgia or in the south that has "low" fees for AA infants. (We are an AA couple).
Low = under 10K for everything!
I realize that the last time anyone responded in this thread was 2007, but I am really in need of information regarding affordable adoption agencies that allow gender specific adoptions of AA infants. My husband and I really want to adopt an AA or mixed race newborn girl, but are having a hard time finding affordable agencies (under $20,000). Can anyone pm me with the name of their agency that was affordable? I am located in Oregon if that helps.
PMs sent to those that requested. Best of luck to each and every one of you!!
Leslie
Leslie, I know this was forever ago, but I added you on here so that I could PM you regarding your agency. If you see this, please accept my request and PM me or I'll PM you. Thank you in advance!!
I am working with an agency in MI that seems to have good cost. Since we are homestudy ready we will have to pay $2700 once matched and $1250 for Bmother legal fees once we are placed. We have our own lawyer , which they will let us use. AFterwards you just pay for your post visits every 3 months.
Hello! I know this was forever ago, but I added you on here so that I could PM you regarding your agency. If you see this, please accept my request and PM me or I'll PM you. Thank you in advance!!
Advertisements
Hi can you please send me the agency information as well? We are homestudy ready and looking for an agency that won't break the bank.
Hello! I know this was forever ago, but I added you on here so that I could PM you regarding your agency. If you see this, please accept my request and PM me or I'll PM you. Thank you in advance!!