Advertisements
Advertisements
Cammie has formed a rash above her upper lip below her nose and I am not sur how she got it. Chris used to get them all the time from eating pickles, but Cammie hasn't had any in the past couple of days. The rash started to form last night and it looks like she has a moustahce (bad sp).
Now I am not trying to be mean, but it is kind of funny because she is afraid to kiss daddy cause she doesn't want to get his "moosepatch" (that's what she calls it). I am afraid she will freak if she sees it in the mirror.
Got any ideas of what it could be? I am thinking it could be candy. She just came in here and i looked at it again, she has one forming on her bottom lip now and she just got done eating a piece of candy.
Any new foods?
The weather has also changed; is it a rash or is it dry/moist/something else/chapped skin? Nick has an area around his mouth that chaps very easily when it's cold like this and he's teething, thus creating extra saliva that builds up behind his binky during naps and what not. We put Baby Aquaphor on it and it clears up.
However, if it's spreading fast, you may want to call your doctor.
Can you take a picture for us? :)
Advertisements
SchmennaLeigh
Any new foods?
The weather has also changed; is it a rash or is it dry/moist/something else/chapped skin? Nick has an area around his mouth that chaps very easily when it's cold like this and he's teething, thus creating extra saliva that builds up behind his binky during naps and what not. We put Baby Aquaphor on it and it clears up.
However, if it's spreading fast, you may want to call your doctor.
Can you take a picture for us? :)
It is not chapped just really red. The second one showed up shorty after eating the candy. I will take a pic, but I don't have a digital camera so you will have to wait to see it. :)
oh no i don't even think i have film. *runs to go check for film*
I did have to take DD to the hospital this evening, They did bloodwork and everything was fine, so we were given a precription. He said it was a rash caused by something that she either ate or drank. It was still scary for me to see it grow and turn purple.
Advertisements
I have to schedule an appiontment with my regular doctor tomorrow. When it started turning purple we decided to take her in.
Ok the doctor never did find anything wrong, well today she comes in here and the stupid rash is back. I thought about this though, she is wearing the same sweater that she wore the first time. She also has the bad habit of chewing on her clothes. So I am thinking it is the dye or something that is making her break out. Either that or chocolate, which I really do not think it is choclate.
our son reacts like that to tomato sauces. So even tho he loves spaghetti we can't serve it to him anymore.
Advertisements
Hello, I was writing to put my thought in. I have a 4 yr old fd that probably gets the same rash you are talking about and it comes from her sucking on your lip(s). It is more the top than the bottom but it has been both at some times. At night before she goes to bed I take a small amount of diaper rash medicine and I apply it to her lip(s), by the morning it looks alot better and will eventually clear when she stops. I hope this helps.