Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
:darth:
ARGH!! Guess what I found out? The reason I have never gotten any notices about court hearings in the Little Dude's case is that the court didn't have me in the computer! One of the previous caseworkers who was VERY disorganized, never bothered to tell the court that I was the FP!! ARGH!
I just figured this out at the mediation I attended in the Little Dude's case. So I called and got it fixed and now see that I could have been sending letters and pictures to the judge for the past 8 months. I am SOOOOO annoyed! I have 8 months of stuff to say!! (But don't worry - I will keep my cool). I am just glad that I CAN submit stuff to the judge - since my right to do that has been prevented up to now because of a stupid clerical error!!
So if anyone else out there is NOT getting notification of your FC's court hearings, call and make a fuss! The federal law of 1997 requires that you be notified. It doesn't mean you get to attend or that you can speak to the judge in person, but you can at least submit stuff. I didn't know that!:yoda: