Advertisements
Advertisements
First I have to say to BeckyWW...WOW!!!!! little Julia has just blossomed!! she caught my eye at the embassy, her dark eyes and sweet face,, funny how that day seems surreal now and is playing with your other girls as if she'd been her forever!
Ok here is my two cents worth! I completely agree with all that has been posted. Summer was 3.3 yrs when she came home. Didnt even need pull ups!! She hit the ground running LOVED LOVED LOVED the book My First 1000 words (a lifesaver!)ate anything offered and took a 2 hr nap daily!! Language issues were so non exsistent, you'd swear I was lying! I handed her a milkshake the other day and she said very seriously
"DRINK RESPONSIBLY!!!"
they soak up every darn thing they hear! The firsts are even more fun!
Forget walking and saying mama!
Watching her on Christmas morning opening a pile of presents or holding a little love bird or "wearing makeup"OMG it's such a hoot.The returns emotionally from an older child are huge & immediate.
I stubbed my toe the other day and despite tears running down my face (trying not to swear loudly!) she came up and hugged me and said
"shh... its ok mommy I got you. Im here and I will never go away. then Are you happy? ܜ
her goal in life is to make sure everyone around her is happy!
Their characters and personalities as kretz said are simply amazing to watch.
For our family her age was perfect (remember we went in search of a much older child!) We hit the ground running and my older boys adore her in ways I NEVER saw coming. Am I rambling?? LOL can you tell I want to do it all again??? ܜ
good luck but I say go for it!! Older children have so much to offer.