Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi I know this is an old tread, but I was wondering if there is any update on this case. I am going to a very similar situation right now. BM said in the beginning of the case that the dad was one guy. The reunification rights were terminated for him. Now she is saying that another guy is the father.
Hi there. Does anyone have insight into this scenario:
I've had a 6 mo. old from the time he was born. mom does not do visits and there has been no contact for 5 months. until this past week she ended up in jail and the CW went to see her. this whole story comes out that bio mom has been lying about who bio dad is, and this "dad" has been going along with the story saying he wants to parent this whole time. he just got out of prison this past week but has had a lawyer advocating for him, has been to court claiming he is the father, and of course CW has sent out letters to his relatives and to a Native American tribe he was claiming to have a history with hoping to get the tribe to take the baby. So this guy claiming to be dad has no legal rights. Are there any legal ramifications for leading the courts on this long? the real dad wants nothing to do with his child (he is also in prison for several years) but I'm wondering does DHS have to do a new relative search? thanks for any insight, I'm calling my little guys lawyer next week but hoping to get some opinions sooner:)