Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello,
I am new here and new to all of this! My husband and I have 3 bio kids ages 14, 11, and 6. We are half way through our PSMAPP classes so we have a ways to go for getting licensed. I have a bedroom we are cleaning out (was an office/store room/mess) and preparing for a child or children. We are wanting to adopt 0-4 yrs. My question is what do I do for beds? Do I have to go out and get a crib and a twin bed in order to have a child placed with me?
Thanks!
Marsha
Yes, must have bedding for whatever age you intend to take in. I would recommend waiting until your classes are done, just in case you decide to change ages and then would need different bedding.
Advertisements
You have to have the beds and furniture in place to complete the home study. You may change your mind by the time class is over. It also depends on your LW. We did not have a crib, just a couple of twin beds. We had a local 24hrs walmart and told LW that we would go out and buy if needed. We were first licensed for 0-8, did not expect a newborn but that is what we got for our first placement. She slept in a bassinet. Are you only adopting or will you foster also? We are fostering and also on the adoption registry. 0-4 will likely be a long wait as most of the foster parents adopt when they become legally free. Good luck!