Advertisements
Advertisements
LOL Hello!! I was born and raised in good old Wichita (Augusta to be exact...and Rose Hill...and Andover...LOL) So who else lives here and where do you live?
:dance:
Hi! Crashing your party from the Overland Park/Lenexa area!!! There isn't anything brewing on our thread, so I've been reading all about my fellow Kansan friends!!! Everyone's road to parenthood is so exciting.
We have a son from Guatemala who is 4! What fun it is to be the mom to these special kiddos!!!
Advertisements
Is this thread for adoptive parents only? I'm an adult adoptee from Kansas and just wanted to say hi to everyone in Kansas
I haven't checked this thread in a while...As you can see I've had a busy month!!
I hope all of my fellow Kansans are doing well..
Hello! I am new here and hope I do things properly! We are very near to getting the adoption finalized. The court date is set for last week in June! We are adopting our granddaughter from the state foster care system. She has lived with us since she was 2 weeks old. She is now almost 15 months. It has been a wonderful, but very busy year!
My question is this: What do we expect at the final court hearing to finalize the adoption? I know that may sound silly, it's just that we are so excited and don't want any surprises. Should we dress casually or really dress up? Who all will be in the court room when our turn is called? Can anyone tell me what to expect? :thanks:
Advertisements
Our finalization was very anti-climatic. We went to the courthouse were we met our attorney. The judge was running behind so we sat in the hallway and waited. Our attorney then went to go check on the status of the judge and when he returned he told us that another judge went ahead and signed the paperwork and we were done. So, he handed us the documents and we went home. We never saw the inside of the courtroom or a judge. But, everything is done!!!!
Thanks "KansasMomToBe". That sounds about like how things would happen in Wichita. I anticipate a lengthy wait in the halls. Annabelle (:clap:) probably won't wait very patiently either! It should be an adventure.
Good luck to your family. Children are such a blessing.
Hi! I live just north of Wichita and I am so glad to find a place where other Kansas moms (and dads - if your here) can visit about adoption. We just finished up all of our paperwork, homestudy etc. and got the word that we are official now on Friday! We are so excited! This will be our first child and we can't wait! Patience is not something I practice very well.
Vogi2002
LOL Hello!! I was born and raised in good old Wichita (Augusta to be exact...and Rose Hill...and Andover...LOL) So who else lives here and where do you live?
:dance:
I lived for 8 years in Junction City, Ft. Riley and Chapman. My DD graduated at JC and went to KState.(Go Wildcats)
We loved Kansas and so did my folks.
DD went to Wichita for cheerleading, but I never got there.
Advertisements
Welcome to the thread lonni and adopting our first!!!!
At times the process can be trying, but in the end it is all well worth it.
We live in Augusta and are in the "research" phase of things so any help with agencies good or bad would be very helpful!!! Please PM me :thanks:
Advertisements
DH & I are in the research phase too. We live in the Wichita area. My husband grew up in this area, and I grew up in Topeka. *waves*
Hi! I know this thread is older, but I thought I'd say hi! I'm from the Wichita area and my husband and I are trying to adopt. Best wishes to all - Tiffany