Advertisements
Advertisements
[FONT="Century Gothic"]Kinda cool. Looking to see who else is from my neck of the woods.[/FONT]
EZ2Luv
I am from MA. I live in the South End/Back Bay area. I am an adoptee, married with bio children of my own. I am also a nurse at an out patient substance abuse clinic(Methadone).
EZ
God bless you! I am a nurse also and would find it very difficult working in a methadone clinic.
From Billerica here, am an adoptee, work as a nurse in geriatrics.
Advertisements
Hi
dpen5,
Se that where I differ,. I could never work with geriatrics, it to me is too heartbreaking to see once young vibrant people failing. After seeing it happen to family members. God bless you.
My job is challening to say the least. Just when I think I have heard every excuse, rationalization and manipulation, up pops and other one and my jaw drops. lol Seriously though, some of these addicts are the most talented intelligent good hearted people once you look beyond the addiction.
EZ
Good to see some activity here :)
I am in Amesbury, and we have a 5 month old son we adopted domestically. Our final HS appointment is in July, and we're hoping to finalize in August!
Nice to meet you all!
Aclee, I live near you!!! Little town of Byfield.
EZ & Dpen, I have a dear friend who is a nurse and the funny thing we all like to joke with her about is the fact that she doesn't like needles!! Right now she works in a nursing home and I know she is looking for something else but she really isn't sure at the moment since she is guardian of a 2 year old.
Advertisements
We live NW of Boston and are awaiting a placement from Colombia (I THINK....at this point I am not sure I still have hope).
Did any of you have multiple adoptions fall through before your placement? I am beginning to think our application has something disagreeable stamped on the front of it. Like, "TOO OLD." Or, "DOESN'T SEEM LIKE A GOOD MOM."
Anyway - we're waiting.
Leigh, I have never met anyone from Byfield! How many people? My MIL used to own a gift shop on Route 1 in Rowley called "The Puffin Shop" (never really "took off"!).
Beamommy, good luck!! How long is the wait (typically)?
Aclee, I was up in your neck of the woods recently. We went to Stripers in Salisbury. OMG, the food there is so good!!!
I have had a hard time sleeping lately...so flipping muggy. urrrrgghh!!!
We were told the 'mean wait time' is 8 mo.
We have been waiting over a year now, with two failed adoptions during that time (one domestic that we didn't get picked for and one international that didn't work out).
loveajax
Leigh, I have never met anyone from Byfield! How many people? My MIL used to own a gift shop on Route 1 in Rowley called "The Puffin Shop" (never really "took off"!).
Beamommy, good luck!! How long is the wait (typically)?
Aclee, I was up in your neck of the woods recently. We went to Stripers in Salisbury. OMG, the food there is so good!!!
I have had a hard time sleeping lately...so flipping muggy. urrrrgghh!!!
My Grams and I are going to Strippers in a few weeks!!! We go every couple of weeks!! Love, "The Puffin Shop" sounds familar. I couldn't tell you how many people since I only "know" my landlady. I will say I like that Central St. is quiet once the sun goes down. All though somedays it is tough trying to go to work, when the road you live on is the cut through from 95 to Rt 1. LOL
Bea-mommy: I will think good thoughts.
Oh and Love: sleep has been great at my house thanks to the Parker River running right next to the house!!
Advertisements
lahdh4
Aclee, I live near you!!! Little town of Byfield.
EZ & Dpen, I have a dear friend who is a nurse and the funny thing we all like to joke with her about is the fact that she doesn't like needles!! Right now she works in a nursing home and I know she is looking for something else but she really isn't sure at the moment since she is guardian of a 2 year old.
Wow :) DH drives through Byfield everyday...he works in Ipswich (grew up there too) I even have a friend that grew up in Byfield. Nice to meet you neighbor!
Great to meet you neighbor!!!
Went to Strippers today. Love the elevator!! atleast for my Grams.
[FONT="Century Gothic"]Every one else done with the rain? I like it when it rains but come on... the storm yesterday was bad since I was on 95 coming back from lunch when I couldn't see in front of me!!! :hissy: which isn't a bad thing but when the car in front of me goes from 65 to 40, then sees a statie and goes down to 30, in the middle of a downpour just isn't right.[/FONT]
Hi,
From Mansfield. :flower: Looking to adopt and need ALL the info I can get. Will post questions about agencies that hopefully you can email me your thoughts. :D
Advertisements
My adoption has been handled out of MA - finalized next week in Worcester! if you have questions about adopting form foster care in ma, feel free to pm me