Advertisements
Advertisements
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I am close to Boston. North Shore actually but still close.[/FONT]
How funny to find this thread and it be mostly about Beverly!!! I currently live a couple blocks from another favorite in Beverly - Dick and June's Ice Cream. Thank goodness it's closed during the winter or I would be in trouble...
Anyhoo...hello to all! DH and I have been home with our amazing little guy from Russia for almost 8 months.
Laura
Advertisements
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]OMG!!! They are great also!!!!
Hi Laura!!! :flowergift:
Mommy -- I found your mac and cheese with chicken and broc. they call it Chicken Supreme. And can you believe their mac and cheese is made with Velveeta?!?!?!?!!!? I didn't get any this week but my grams did since she doesn't mind stewed tomatoes in it. Will look at the ingredients and post for you.[/FONT]
[URL=http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c365/lahdh4/100_0040.jpg][/URL]
[FONT="Century Gothic"]MommytoEli, finally was able to figure out my camera so here is a picture for you.[/FONT]
OMG lahdh4,
THANK YOU.....
oh, I feel so at home :) I think dh and I have planned to move over that way next year....I can't wait...I can taste the ice cream JUST LOOKING at the sign :) I miss Beverly SOOOOOOOOO MUCH!
Advertisements
Anyone else like West Beach (I had to put in my Beverly knowledge!) :coffee: And yes, Cherry Hill rocks :popcorn:
I used to date a guy who lived in Billerica and Methuen (but not at the same time :cop: ) and he worked in Bedford!
I've worked in Westwood but now work in Allston at the World's Greatest University - any reader of Alex Beam will know where that is :flowergift: Actually, one of the reasons I left corporate for this place is the amazing adoption benefits and sick leave for sick children (have had to take 2 1/2 of the last six weeks off due to my son's ear infections, conjunctivitus, nasty colds etc.) - and yesterday we spent the day at Children's (Boston) ER for iv hydration, iv meds for his non-healing ear infection and nebulizer (sp?). Very stressful but humbling - as a nurse told a doc how a 9-year-old was not sure exactly when her last chemo was - but that's another thread.
I've lived in Brookline pretty much since I came to this country from the UK and before that Germany (US Citizen - Dad was in the shipping business). I love to take Field Trips - so already I'm thinking how can we plan a mac and cheese for the kiddos (okay, and us moms) and then head over the Cherry Hill. I mean, I KNOW it's raining all this week but ... anyone have any ideas of when we could all get together?
Laura - I was in the Russian program for almost a year before I gave up (agency still had not received reaccreditation like many other us agencies) so switched to Guatemala. My son (almost 13 months) came home last August.
Shelley - Congratulations on your anniversary - Great Wall in Bedford used to be one of my favorite chinese buffets so that's always an option.
Healing - hi there - oh please tell us it's sunny and warm out in CA ... I tend to beach myself in the Irish Riviera - you know, Marshfield! I love the Cape.
Okay - now I'm hungry, looking forward to beach weather and some road trips.:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: Have a great afternoon - love this little forum - Barbara
Just realized how late/lame I am to find this - duh!
Don't worry about it!!!! I don't get down to Beverly but once a week when I have to go to JP to see my counselor. It is easier to catch the train at Beverly Depot then in Newburyport.
Hi, I live in Dracut and work in Bedford. I have one son who is 2 1/2. Today is the 2 year anniversary of our Gotcha Day!
Lisa
DW grew up in Malden. We have spent time in Revere, East Boston, Everett & Tewksbury. FC out of Lowell mainly but rec'd placements from all over & adopted out of Lawrence. Anyone for Kowloon? Remember how good Hilltop USED to be?
Advertisements
[FONT="Century Gothic"]Can you believe that I have NEVER eaten at Hilltop!!!:arrow: But a friend and I would go to the Kowloon almost every month. Haven't been down that way in a long time :hissy: [/FONT]
went to Hilltop just last week for the first time in 20 years. Portions were huge & tasty but the only thing I ever went for was lobster pie & it is no longer on the menu.:hissy: Maybe I'll go back in another 20.
hi everyone. I wanted to share some good news with you all.. ! For those of you in the coastal NH area.. or willing to drive! We are working on our second annual adoptive families cookout.. !!!
Sunday Aug 26th
10:30
Adoptive Families Together and Coastal NH Adoptive Families are co~hosting a cookout at New Castle commons in New Castle NH.
This event will be potluck style.. bring your maincourse ( ie.. meat, burgers, dogs, tofu.. ) and a side dish to share with the group.. your own beverages etc.. We will supply the paper products, cups, plates and utensils. It is free.. but $3 per adult to enter the park.
Feel free to bring kickballs, kites, wiffaball, bocci, frisbee... etc.. there is a beach, big wonderful playground.. bathrooms, Vball nets.. and so much room to run! We will have a grill ready to cook, picnic tables to eat, etc..
Tell your friends ..
contact jlburke1274@yahoo.com for more info...
All ages and stages of the adoption process, researching, waiting families, post adoption, foster familes are all welcome~
Bring your friends.. this is a great networking, info sharing.. and friendship making event that is growing every year..
Hope to get this event growing and growing.. .. come check it out!
Julie
I would love to talk/chat/email. I found my BM 13 years ago and at first it was great but I had never done the emotional work on my end and our relationship ended recently, and badly. Would love to get advice on how I can fix this issue and more importantly, myself.
Thanks!
Advertisements
Thanks for asking. I just miss her and of course being abandoned for the second time doesn't feel any better. There were a lot of mistakes made on both our parts but I think that in the end we both wanted certain things from the other that neither were able to provide.