Advertisements
Advertisements
Looks like I'll start the Utah roll call for Birthparents :).
I'm Anne and I placed two girls, one will be 4 in March and the other one just turned 2. You can read my story by clicking on my signature, if you'd like.
I originally am from about 30 minutes south of Salt Lake City area, but I'm currently living on my own up north closer to the border between Utah and Idaho while I'm going to college.
Come on everyone and give a shout out from Utah if you're a birthparent or if you've been touched by adoption :).
Today is my birthdaughter's birthday. She is 38. Born 3/8/69 Salt Lake City. The only time I have spent in Utah was while I was pregnant with her. I lived in FL then and while living many other places, am back in FL. My story is really that there is not much to tell as far as my search. I have been lost. Or I should say, LDS Family Services does not have a record of me. I thought LDSFS handled the adoption so I don't even know where to go for nonid. Anybody with any ideas, I would appreciate. I've registered with ISRR, State of Utah and any online registries I can find.
Advertisements
"UGH!" is all I have to say about LDSFS! I have an older brother out there...have tried looking. Unfortunately, LDSFS..back in the day...were notorious about "losing" files or putting the wrong sex or actual birthdate or even *year* on the certificate of the child to be adopted. Anyway to make it harder for the search process I guess! I wish you luck though! I'm still searching after 17 years from finding out about my brother.
lindamccrea - if you are still actively checking here - I'm trying to get a hold of you.
I was adopted thru LDS social service (DOB 08/30/1972) I was hoping to ask you some questions, if you don't mind. I have private emailed you. I have also tried to find you on facebook - look for me Utahna Utah