Advertisements
Advertisements
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Hi! :banana: We just had our staffing meeting today and are looking forward to meeting our son, Joel. This is our first adoption. We have chosen to go the domestic route and have been thrilled with the agency recommended to us by another family on this site. I'm looking forward to the support I know the families on this site will provide as we are adopting an older child transracially who has special education needs. I'm sure we will face many challenges but I can't wait to get started!:cheer: Looking forward to getting to know you all.......[/FONT]
Advertisements
Hi everyone! We are adopting from Colombia. It is typically a long wait, but we get somewhat expedited treatment since he's Colombian. Don't know what that means in terms of our wait... but hopefully it won't be too long.
Its all been moving pretty fast so far. We are waiting for our 171H to come back (haven't been to get fingerprinted yet) and then everything goes to Colombia. We are both so excited. This will be our first child.
We are using HOPE for Children here locally and have been very happy with them so far!
Hi. My husband and I live in Athens. We are just beginning the adoption process. We're hoping to do an independent domestic adoption. Any advice anyone may have is welcome!
TO NIMAT33, Just curious about how your process went getting an older child...my husband and I have a 15 mth old bio. child and are hoping to adopt a sibling next year for my son and want to do through the domestic/state...any advice anyone on getting an agency for a child 1-4 yr. old...with minimal problems so as not to put my child in danger? THANKS everyone.
Advertisements
Hi everyone,
We are in Canton.
We have one bio daughter 13, one adopted daughter 5 months and I do foster care.
We adopted domestically and in the process changed agencies 2 times and finally got our beautiful baby girl.
My first suggestion to anyone doing domestic adoption is do not pay upfront fees at all only pay at placement.
AJ
Hi - I am a single Mom and I live near Northlake Mall. I have a 16 year old daughter adopted from Russia at age 13, and I just came home from Kazakhstan with my 10 year old son. He has been here 2 months now. They are getting along great.
When I was adopting my daughter, I started a local support group for parents who have adopted from Russia or Eastern Europe, called MAPREC [Metro Atlanta Parents of Russian and Eastern European Children]. We meet a couple of times a year, very informally, and just picnic while the children play.
Our next event is Sunday July 22, at Acworth Beach, a pacnic/swim party. If you are interested, please PM me.
Thanks,
Dee Thompson
Atlanta
Advertisements
We just adopted a baby girl from Jacksonville, FL. She was born on November 6th. We live in Decatur - actually closer to Tucker - just ITP by Northlake Mall. Looking forward to the holidays and decorated the Christmas tree for the first time in several years.
My husband and I are in Covington and just starting the process to adopt domestically. We are using Lutheran Services of Georga.
Advertisements
Hey!
My husband and I adopted our wonderful son over 5 years ago from Russia. He is a joy and blessing!
We are intersted in adopting again, but thinking about a domestic adoption. Anyone have any advice?
Thanks!
Polly
My family and I have recently moved from an incredibly pro-adoption and supportive community in Illinois to a community with great schools and a high percentage of diversity in Lawrenceville Georgia. We are a transracial family, my wife and I are white and our kids are both biological and adopted (African-American). We have 4 kids, ages 11, 9, 6 and 3 (2 adopted, 2 bio).
When I found out I was moving for my job from Illinois to Georgia, I focused on schools and diversity hoping to find a community with some adoptive families.
We want to connect with other adoptive transracial families. In Illinois, my wife had a playgroup of adoptive families but with older kids a playgroup is not practical.