Advertisements
Advertisements
Advertisements
Congratulations, waitingforourrainbow! That is very exciting!
My husband and I live in Petal, MS and plan to adopt a newborn/infant. We have only just begun researching all our options. We are open to both domestic and international adoption and aren't concerned with the baby's ethnicity, race, gender, etc. We would love to hear more about peoples' experiences here in MS. If any of you are willing to share your experiences, offer advice, or provide information on various agencies, we'd be tremendously grateful for you to PM or e-mail us.
Cheers!
Hello all, I see theye is not a lot of activity on here right now and I hope thats cause everyone is out taking care of there new babies!! I am currently in Houston,TX right now and we where trying to adopt here but things sadly did not work out with the agency we had. So any way we are moving back home to Mississippi this summer in June when the kids let out on summer break. We will be moving hopfully to the Bolton-Raymond area of MS. We are looking to adopt a younger sibling group of two from Mississippi or Louisanna area. I have been trolling on this site for about a year now and really enjoy it. Ok, well I hope there are some more of us great Mississippi folks out there, that can come and join me!!
:wings:
This is my first post.:woohoo: My DH and I are just starting this process. I have spoken to a rep and she sent a one page application. We filled it out and mailed it back the same day. It was explained that after Jackson got our letter we would get a call from a case worker... That was 3 weeks ago :popcorn:
Anywho... Glad to have found some folks in MS.
Advertisements
Hello all,
I've been away from this board for a while now....am glad to see 'some' movement here. My dh and I still live in Brandon, MS with our two children. Both our kids were adopted from Guatemala and are now 10 and 9 yrs old. I hope to see other folks check in and post.
reneeisorym, where in Brandon are y'all? We are in the Crossgates area.
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Hello just wanted to "update" if you can call it that..lol... We are two weeks out till our big move back home to Bolton,Mississippi and this packing is crazy!!...I keep finding stuff and thinking where did this come from?!...:confused: ....How in the world could one family of 4 accumulate this much STUFF?! Any way I have started looking for agencies and trying to decide if we want to go through the state or try and find an affordable private agency. OAN: I have one issue I am really struggling with about this adoption, it is I really do think I want a private adoption and from everything I have experienced private adoption is not encouraged. I fully plan on my child knowing he/she is adopted from the point they can understand what that means but I simply do not wish to be involved or obligated to a whole other family. I know that sounds mean and heartless but it is truly how I feel. Oh I would be open to maybe sending pictures once or twice a year to the birthmother but that would be about it. Ok, so I called to request more state adoption info be sent to me and i asked the young lady that I ended up talking to did Mississippi have a Foster-to-Adopt program, like in Houston,Texas where we did our P.R.I.D.E classes and she said no. Just wondering if that was true or not cause I had to go through a lot of transferred calls just to get to her. Any way glad to see some activity on a Mississippi forum!!:happydance: :happydance: ...lol...lets keep it going people!!....
Be Blessed
:wings:
[/FONT]
Hi there. Are any of you that have posted here still active on this site? I have just started the application process to become certified to foster in Mississippi. Would love to communicate with others who are familiar with this.
Advertisements