Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello!
[LIST]
[*]My name is Nicole, 37 years young.
[*]2 siberian huskies, Smokey & Bandit.
[*]Born & raised in Charlotte, NC.
[*]Live in Crouse, NC (Gaston County side of this Lincoln County town) and love being away from civilization.
[*]Married 8 years.
[*]Work full-time in Charlotte, NC for an international shipping company.
[*]In the early stages of adopting from Guatemala.
[*]Isn't NC the best state....mountains and the beaches----Oak Island rules![/LIST]
Hi again!
It's so nice to meet everyone!
Would those of you who have adopted domestically or in the process of mind sending me a pm about your agency, or the process in general?
We are thinking we will adopt from Guatemala, but have also been looking at a domestic adoption as well. It'd be so great to talk to others who live nearby and can relate.
Thank you a bunch!
Brandii
Advertisements
Hello all! I just stumbled across this board and wanted to introduce myself. DH and I live in South Charlotte and are in the process of adopting our first child from Korea. Our homestudy went to Korea 2-12-07 and we are hoping for a referral some time this summer.
-Casey
Hi,
We just completed our Guatemala adoption and brought our son home in January. We live in South Charlotte (i'm from here, hubby from Mass.). I am 34 years old and we have two dogs and we both work full time.
Brenna & John
Hi all...Ive been away from this forum for quite some time, and have recently come back. My name is Katy and my DH is Matt and we live in Cornelius. We brought our first son home from Guatemala last March (cant believe its been a year). he is 21 months old and we are in the process of #2. We are in PGN without PA as we seek to adopt JD's birth cousin. We are cautiously optimistic...
Good to meet you all...
Katy
I have been on the General boards for several years and just stumbled upon this board today linking from another post there!
DH and I are married 8 years and live in Mint Hill, relocated late last summer from Ohio (I was born and raised here so we wanted to come back to family).
We adopted our first son (CC) in 11/04 from Ohio. We started the process for #2 while we were still in OH and then continued once we moved to NC. This past February we were placed with our darling second son, who is now 3 1/2 months old - also born in OH. He is full Hispanic.
I am a full time SAHM but also work a full time job from home, so things are very busy here! Thankfully John (son #2) began to sleep through the night last month, so it's getting easier!
I would love to get together with anyone who would like to set up playdates, etc. Sam (son #1, now 2 1/2 years old) will be going to preschool next fall but he does not have any playmates yet. He just loves being around other kids - goes to the playground and wants to give every kid he sees a "big hug." :love:
Look forward to talking to you all and possibly getting together in the future - for those in process, good luck to you!!!
Catherine
Advertisements
Hi, my name is Leslee
We are adopting from China
LID 06-12-07
It is looking like it may be a really LONG wait!
My husband and I live in BElmont NC
We have 2 biological children ages 11, and 15
I am April and we came home from China with our beautiful 3 year old son in June. We are in the process of adopting again, this time from Vietnam. Got our 171 on Friday!!
I've lived in Charlotte my entire life, but I was adopted from CHS out of Greensboro.
Glad to see so many posts from my hometown and home state.
I see many of the posts come from adoptive parents; y'all let me know if you have any questions because I have lived the adoption experience for 22 years.
And of course, if there are any adult adoptees out there, hit me up - I think having a strong network is important for people in our shoes, so I'm trying to develop mine as we speak. Peace
Rob Cureton Graham
Hi--I'm right across the border in SC but I work in Charlotte. Homestudy was approved in August 2007 and I've been waiting on my placement since. I'm adopting domestically.
Advertisements
Hi--We live and work in Monroe. We are adopting domestically. We are just beginning this journey. What adoption agencies have yall had experiences with? We were going with adoption network but they are kind of up in the air. We were wanting someone a little closer to home. Open to suggestions=)
Hi- my husband and I recently adopted newborn twins- we live in the Raleigh/Cary area, and they were born in Salisbury and were moved to a NICU in Charlotte for months, so we spent a lot of time there. We started the process (with homestudy work) in late March 2009, signed with our facilitiator May 1, 2009 and met our girls July 30th, 2009! Even though it was a short time, it was quite an emotional ride- but worth every high and low. Best of luck to all my fellow North Carolinians in your journey!
PS- cnjshock- I am the one that was PM'ing you last night; we're in NC, too! I have a little info on other NC agencies that I am happy to send to you.
Hello everyone!
My name is Aron and I'm a 30 year old single female living in Charlotte, NC.
I was born and raised in Waterford, MI. I came to Charlotte about 4 years ago to get away from all the snow and cold weather of Michigan. lol
I have 3 cute kitty's with the names Taku, Tigger, and Yuki.
I have just begun my adoption journey. I'm awaiting my application in the mail from CHS. I'm hoping I'll be able to adopt a specific adorable little girl from CHS but knowing it may take 4 months for everything to be processed is a little heartbreaking. I'm praying that everything will work out okay. :)
Welcome Aron,
I actually live in SC (Indian Land) but work in Charlotte. I've recently finalized the adoption of my 8 year old daughter and am looking to possibly adopt again in the near future. I'm also a licensed foster parent; however, I've recently moved and have to go thru all of the safety/fire checks again. Good luck in your journey!
Advertisements
angel619
Welcome Aron,
I actually live in SC (Indian Land) but work in Charlotte. I've recently finalized the adoption of my 8 year old daughter and am looking to possibly adopt again in the near future. I'm also a licensed foster parent; however, I've recently moved and have to go thru all of the safety/fire checks again. Good luck in your journey!
A pleasure to meet you Angel! Congrats on finalizing your adoption! I'm very happy for you and I wish you and your family nothing but the best in life. :)
If you don't mind, would you mind sharing your experience with me through private messaging? I'm really not sure what to expect and I'm a bit nervous about what will happen. So I figure if I'm prepared for everything then things will go alright. :)
I look forward to speaking with you and hope you'll consider sharing your experience with me. :)
Greetings & Salutations (to quote Charlotte from Charlotte's Web since we're near Charlotte, NC). My name's Elliott. Our family is currently waiting to hear from Ukrainian government to invite us over so we can choose a child for adoption. We are looking to adopt a child(ren) between the ages of 6 - 12. We have one biological child, who's 12.
I've been blogging about our journey in the roller coaster ride that is international adoption at:
[url=http://snapshotsfromourjourney.blogspot.com/]Snapshots From Our Journey[/url]