Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi everyone! Welcome to the newest addition to the Adoption.com Forums, Local Adoption Connections.
Please take a minute to tell us a little about yourself. Are you married? Do you have Children, if so, what are their ages? Share with us some of your favorite things about living in this area. Whats your favorite restaurant? Do you belong to any Adoption Support Groups in your area? Help us all get to know you better and start making local friends with like interests!
Hello, I'm a foster adopt parent. I'm also a soldier stationed at FT Lee VA. I have 2 children of my own, a son 14, and a daughter 11. I'm a single mother but my mother lives with me to assit with the day to day routine of our lives. We have a great family life, I work full time and she is the stay at home parent. We share the responsibility of the children and would love to adopt 1 or 2 children to offer them a loving home. I have been working with Richmond City DSS and I am approved for foster adopt but we have not had any luck for a placement. We are getting impaitent so I started checking into the state agencies, and the AREVA program but I'm getting the run around from the Richmond DSS. I understand the DSS point of view but it is frustrating when they say no children are available when you see children on the web site available they I'm told I cant have a child due to I'm white and I live in a prodominant black agency. To me that is racist. But I'm stuck in the system. Can anyone offer sysgestion? I just want to help a child, not get into a racilal battle or polital battle. My family has so much to offer if only gien the chance. We like to camp, fish, go to amusement parks, we have family night, we have so much fun to gether. I have checked the listings we have matches it we were only given a chance. What can your support grougp offer us. Gimullins?
Advertisements
I have adopted from foster care. My daughter is now 12. I think this forum is the closest to my neck of the woods.