Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi everyone! Welcome to the newest addition to the Adoption.com Forums, Local Adoption Connections.
Please take a minute to tell us a little about yourself. Are you married? Do you have Children, if so, what are their ages? Share with us some of your favorite things about living in this area. Whats your favorite restaurant? Do you belong to any Adoption Support Groups in your area? Help us all get to know you better and start making local friends with like interests!
I'll start, maybe I'm only one the Austin.
We're 30 & 35, married for five years and have no children. We're just now starting the research process and hope to sign with an agency in the next two months and start the process. We're really leaning towards international Russian adoption, but haven't made up our minds yet. We've been requesting information packets for every agency on the Moscow consul listing of registered and accredited agencies. We're also going to a meeting the second week of March to hear about the state foster / adopt program. After we get the information and go to the foster / adopt meeting, we hope to make our decision.
I hope there's other austinites out there!
Advertisements
Hi! I'm in the Austin area. Our adoption agency is in Austin. We finished up our home study last week of March and last week we received a call about a 4 year old boy. Trying not to get our hopes up because I know there's more than likely several families who will have their homestudies submitted. Still, it's very exciting! Hope to hear from more families in Austin.
Hello,
I just found this site last night. I am very excited to finally have people I can talk to about this very difficult journey we have started. I am 28 and my husband is 31. We have been married 5 years. We have a bio son who is almost 3. We are wanting to foster to adopt. We were introduced to an agency in Houston and we really liked them so a year and a half ago we decided to go with them. We have been approved for over 6 months now and still have not gotten submitted. I would be very interested to know what agencies in Austin people are using, because we might be interested in a change. It is just do hard to know what to do. I just do not understand why we are not being submitted. My social worker has no answers for me and seams a little bothered by my phone calls at times.
We're from the Austin area also. We have been married 18 yrs, I'm 36 and my hubby is 40. We have a 11 yr old bio son and are trying to foster/adopt. We were approved in Jan of this year. We are using an agency in Houston (we are between houston and austin) and not having much luck. We went to a Waiting Parents meeting last night and they gave us numbers on how many children are available in the region in each age group. It seems like a lot but when you factor in possible health problems and how many foster/adopt parents there are its not really that many. So we just keep on waiting and praying and knowing that "our" child is out there somewhere. We are searching for a 3-8 yr old boy or girl or both or either....lol
We are straight adopt and going through an agency in Austin. I think they're great. We recieved our license to adopt first week of May but actually had our homestudy submitted to a 4 year old boy the last week of April. We should be bringing him home in a couple of weeks. It took about a month before the state looked over any of the homestudies submitted on him. While waiting to find out if our family would be accepted for him, we were submitted to two other boys. So, you might want to check into this adoption agency. I'm not sure if we can mention names so if you want to email me off list I'll be happy to give you their info.
Advertisements
I was wondering if we are licensed through one agency does that make us qualified to go to another one? We are going on our 8th month waiting and i hear of people getting placed all of the time, i'm getting so frustrated! Can we be with more than one agency??
Hi, we live 50 miles Southeast of Austin and we are madly in love with the two we adopted from Guatemala. It looks like so far there are not too many people here doing international, but when we stared the process I was 47 and my DH was 43 so international seemed like the best option for us. If anyone wants to communicate with us, it may be a slow response but we would love to hear from you.
The agency we are switching to has a paper we can fill out to have our information switched over to them. I am not sure if all agencies do it, but it apparantly can be done.
Hi all I am in Austin and I am soon to be 33 and Hubby soon to be 39. I have a fourteen year old from a previous marriage and my DH has none. We have been married 4 years and are looking into international adoption. Can anyone give me some info about adopting agencies you have used. I am interested in adopting from China or Vietnam.
thanks
sc
Advertisements
I'm very interested why there are so many adopted children from Russia? In America there are also orphans why do people don't want to adopt our American children?