Advertisements
Advertisements
Bumping this thread because I have been having SS problems too and am now panicked to read you can't get a tax ID number from the IRS if you qualify for a SS card because.....
By what everyone says on here (and I believe is true since you all did this) as soon as your child comes home even on an IR4 visa like our daughter, you can just take her perm resident card (and all other paperwork) but use that for a SS card, then later change it after the COC etc.
The reason I am panicked is we are trying to do taxes too and we went to 2 different SS offices today and BOTH would not file for our daughter with the perm resident card. We went back and forth with them at both offices to no avail.
Long story short, I posted on another post floating around by me the whole thing, but IF as you all say (and I believe) that we qualify for a SS card and 2 offices will not give us one, we are in big trouble and can't file taxes because as this post says we can't get a IRS tax ID if we qualify for SS. And SS won't let us apply with the perm resident status!
The second SS office after much back and forth came up with his solution of putting our daughter in the application and his computer with her readopted name but said the INS will reject it when they receive it unless we get our COC papers in before his papers arrive.
The INS will reject it because the SS office refused to use the perm resident card (and status and name) and are putting it under our daughters readopted new name and the INS have her perm resident name (before readoption) since we have not filed the forms for the COC yet with the name change.
help