Advertisements
Advertisements
Since there aren't that many from Oklahoma around maybe we could just meet on the Oklahoma Local Forum.
Violet, I eat at the same Outback Steakhouse on Meridian. :banana:
I live in NW OKC and my postal address says Edmond but I'm in Deer Creek schools. It's confusing so I just tell people I live in Edmond. I work for Oklahoma City so I am always downtown.
Hi Trina,We have had our 1st homestudy waiting for the 2nd.Our pride classes start feb 13-mar 13 in Tulsa. I cant wait to get all this done,we are very anxious to start our family.
Advertisements
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][/FONT]
Hello everyone !! My husband and I live in Norman and are looking to start a family. We have decided to adopt because we know that there are many children out there that deserve the loving home that we can provide. We are just trying to get a general idea about OKDHS adoption. We have called the recruiting line, been assigned a worker and received the application in the mail. My husband and I plan on getting our fingerprints and the application done in the next week. Our worker has answered some questions for us but we have a few more that we thought maybe someone could help out with. Once the application and fingerprints are turned in, does anyone know about how long it would be before we found out if we are "qualified" to be adoptive parents ? What does the home study consist of ? Has anyone been through the OKDHS adoption process and how long did you have to wait to find a child ? One more...our worker said something about adoption parties, has anyone been to one or heard of them? This will be a good start. I am anxious to get everything started and find a wonderful child to bring into our loving home !!! The age range we are thinking of is newborn to 5 but that is definitely not set in stone.
Thanks a lot for any input. We look forward to hearing from you soon !!:thanks:
Welcome,we are in the Miami area and it is a wonderful feeling to be able to adopt,Our homestudy was very easy she just talked to us asked alot of ? and did a quick walk through of our home we still need the classes,They start in July, We are also doing 0-6 but it is not set in stone.Our cw is awesome Good luck.And as for the Adoption parties we have not heard of them,But im sure someone else has.
deana- We adopted through DHS. We met our girls at an adoption party. Our process was very quick. We first went to an information meeting the week of Thanksgiving. We submitted our first paperwork around Christmas. We were done with our homestudy, classes and were approved about April. We met the girls at a party in April. We were matched, and started visits at the end of June. They moved in at the end of July, and we finalized in Feb.
This was 4 year ago. I have a couple of friends in Norman going through the process right now. They moved pretty quickly through the approval process, but having been waiting a long time to be matched with a child. I think it really depends on the situation, and what your are willing to consider in terms of characteristics in the child(ren). If you really want 0-5 and a single child, rather then a sibling group, it probably will take a long time to be matched.
Adoption parties or matching parties are basically parties set up where approved families get to met the children waiting to be adopted. They are sort of like a school carnival, but with waiting children and potential adoptive parents.
Hello, I'm Leisha. After spending a LOT of time researching international adoption, we are looking into domestic, due to the lower fees, etc. We want to adopt from DHS. I had a foster packet, then we decided not to foster and I threw it away. Now I have called requesting another adoption packet. We are in Enid, by the way. We want a girl or sisters, 0-5 years old.
Advertisements
PiperH
Yeah, I know what you mean about the confusion. I actually live in Ames (30 minutes southwest of Enid) but everyone's like - Iowa? - so it's just as easy to say Enid, which is where we work and spend the majority of our time and money anyway. Speaking of work, I just spent the last 2 days working like I have been there 5 days, and it will not get any easier the next 3 days. We did get back all our authentication forms today though :) All we lack now for our dossier is our I-171H and a few photos.
Violet,
We are neighbors! We live in Enid, also. We are trying to decide between domestic and international...I think I have researched every country. Nice blog and congrats!
Leisha
Do we have any current OK posters? I'm good at resurrecting old threads. LOL I'm new to A.com. We were foster parents for several years before making the leap to adoptive parents. We adopted 3 siblings last year through OKDHS. We live in NE Oklahoma. Not quite to Kansas or Missouri, but I can be in either one in under an hour! LOL
KaysKidz
Do we have any current OK posters? I'm good at resurrecting old threads. LOL I'm new to A.com. We were foster parents for several years before making the leap to adoptive parents. We adopted 3 siblings last year through OKDHS. We live in NE Oklahoma. Not quite to Kansas or Missouri, but I can be in either one in under an hour! LOL
Hello! Hmm...well, we could be in KS in an hour! Not MO. We will be certified for therapeutic fc any day now, as soon as we get our background check back in the mail. Checking it daily. Asking for a girl, 0-7. We have 3 boys. I work as a children's therapist.;)
Advertisements
Wow finally I see more people from Oklahoma yay!! We are in Ottawa co. We have been fostering the last 3 yrs, adopted 2 of our kiddos and are waiting on there sib. Hope to hear more from Oklahoma !!
We actually moved to Missouri - right over the border from OK though. We adopted our first son from Russia in 2005 (as previous post stated). We are registered with Cherokee Nation to adopt this time. Just finished recertifying. Have beeen called about possible sibling placement, but Missouri isn't as tribe friendly as OK, so I am not sure what is going to happen. Good luck to everyone! Adoption is a miracle, that is for sure!
So you are in the Joplin area ? We also adopted from Cherokee nation! Of course we adopted a family members
Children! And now we are waiting on the next sibling this makes her sixth child and she only has the one ! Good luck in Mo !!! Hope the next call is the one .
My husband and I are in Tulsa and are in the process of getting approved to adopt from DHS. Just One more homestudy visit left!
Advertisements
BeccaT
So you are in the Joplin area ? We also adopted from Cherokee nation! Of course we adopted a family members
Children! And now we are waiting on the next sibling this makes her sixth child and she only has the one ! Good luck in Mo !!! Hope the next call is the one .
We live about 15-20 minutes from Joplin. Glad to hear you have had success with Cherokee Nation and that you are expecting another member of your family. I am hoping we get the call soon too telling us it is all worked out and the kids are headed our way. Waiting is so hard!!!!
Hi all! I just found this forum! Hubby and I live in Norman and are in trial adoption through DHS. We now have a finalization date in April.