Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi everyone! Welcome to the newest addition to the Adoption.com Forums, Local Adoption Connections.
Please take a minute to tell us a little about yourself. Are you married? Do you have Children, if so, what are their ages? Share with us some of your favorite things about living in this area. Whats your favorite restaurant? Do you belong to any Adoption Support Groups in your area? Help us all get to know you better and start making local friends with like interests!
Not sure if anyone is even paying attention to the Iowa section of these forums (doesn't seem like there is much activity!). My husband and I are from Iowa and beginning the adoption process. Muddling through the information and trying to make the "right" decision as to what path we'd like to take. Do we take a gamble and go for the foster/adopt scenario through the state? I agree with someone else's post that I'm nervous about that route because what if the parental rights don't get terminated. Seems like there is more gamble with this scenario after the baby is in your home. Not to mention that I'm speculating not many babies are going to have the parental rights terminated or in the process of being terminated. Although this might be complete ignorance on my part. Or do we go down the path of an agency... and if we do who with?? :-) I'm sure we'll figure it out. Just ready to get rolling on it and feel like I'm waist deep in stuff and not sure how to sort through it to get out and get going.
Advertisements
Not sure that I'll be able to answer any questions Sarah as I'm going through the process myself and looking at agencies, etc. starting also about the time you started. Maybe it will help us both to share the info that we find out and support through the process. :-)
Sounds great. Are you from Des Moines? I have been researching One True Gift out of Des Moines for an agency.
My husband and I are from Ankeny. Is it okay if I sent you an e-mail or a private message to discuss One True Gift with you?? If you want you can send me an e-mail... sdburke02@gmail.com
Advertisements
Hi! My husband and I are from Des Moines and just requested our information packet from DHS regarding the foster-adopt program. Prior to the birth of our bio DD we were in the works for international adoption. Now that we are where we are in life we think that foster-adopt is where we want to be. Hope to hear from other Iowa families in the process too.
Thanks so much! We are so looking forward to this journey! We have so many questions and want to find out a lot of information about the program and process. Thank goodness we are going to an orientation soon to find out more!
Michele
Advertisements
Please let me know your experiences/waiting with One True Gift or with other agencies. We have been "on the list" for an agency for almost a year now.
ldoll
Please let me know your experiences/waiting with One True Gift or with other agencies. We have been "on the list" for an agency for almost a year now.
We had a HORRIBLE experience with them. What do you mean "on the list" for an agency? Have you signed on with One True Gift? If you have NOT signed anything with them or have not given them any money DON'T!!! If you have, email me again and we can talk.
ldoll
I will pm you.............
Advertisements
[FONT="Century Gothic"]We are in the Des Moines, IOWA area and are looking at agencies etc, in hopes of discovering the best place to go in our search for a new family member.
I see Gift of love come up in almost every search engine as being local. Though when I go to the site, it appears to be an international agency that is franchised. I've been reading reviews, ratings, blogs and forums in effort to find something that stands out.
Has anyone here, in Iowa, had an adoption experience that they want to share? I want to have a relationship with the birth mother as well and would not mind hearing from both ends of the spectrum.
Thanks for your replies..[/FONT]