Advertisements
Advertisements
Does anyone know of (or want to start) a monthly get together around the Grand Rapids area for adoptive families?
I just moved back from Texas where we had a great group and I am really missing that connection. My daughter will be 2 in May and I really want to start connecting with families in this area so that she will have those friends while still young. We are just being our second adoption and are hoping to have that babe home this year also.
I've joined lots of groups, but none that seem to meet in this area - or dont seem to meet on a regular basis...
Hi! I'm in Grand Rapids too and my daughter was 2 in November. We adopted domestically but I haven't really found any good adoptive parents groups either. I have a friend who adopted from Guatemala- her son just came home in end of October and he will be turning one in about a week. I think she is part of a group with other parents who adopted from Guatemala. I can ask if you'd like?
Advertisements
That would be good too! Sure if you could PM me the information on that group - maybe they will get together in this area. Otherwise I would love to get something started here and we could invite your friends too.