Advertisements
Advertisements
Well, I'm really no longer a Memphian. I live in Fayette County (boo, hiss...I know) but grew up in Memphis and lived there for 42 years.
I am the natural mother of a 29 y.o. son. I have filed with the Post Adoption unit in Nashville to have my son's file opened. They will notify him in about 8 weeks and ask him if he would like contact with me. The ball's in his court.
Would love to hear from other members of the triad in my area. If you prefer privacy my email is kdecrow@mac.com
Thanks!
Kim:love:
Hi Kim,
I'm not in Memphis either. I'm from Lauderdale county.
I have 2 adopted children, a daughter 5 years old, that was placed with us at 5 months old. And a new son 3 years old, that we just brought home from Georgia the 21st of Decemeber. Both are special needs and we adopted from foster care.
Nice to meet you. And I wish you best of luck with your son.
Advertisements
Well, I live in Memphis but am not originally from here. I was intrigued with the post because we are adopting our niece and are exhausted from the emotional roller coaster. We had to take her into protective custody from her parents and I just don't know how I'll ever forgive them for what they have caused her to suffer. I admire anyone who can make the decision to give their child the gift of adoption when it's the right thing to do.
I hope that he appreciates the sacrifice you made for him.
Hi, Kim. I am an adoptee, born in California. I was adopted at 4 months old and grew up in Washington State. I currently live in Collierville, TN.
I wish you lots of luck with your son! I have been searching for my birth mother on and off for years - I sure wish CA had the same laws regarding contact as TN does! I would be in heaven if I heard from the state that my birth mother wanted to contact me. Keep us posted.
kate
Thank you for your post. As you can see, I started that thread 3 years ago. Unfortunately, shortly after that I was notified my son is deceased.
I did find I have a granddaughter. That has been what has kept me sane....In my avatar that is me, her mom, and my sweet granddaughter. It has been life-changing getting to know her.
I would love to know about you! My personal email is kdecrow@mac.com
I have become active re: adoptees rights and I'm also on facebook!
Kim
Kim...
I am soo excited for you!! I will be on pins and needles waiting with you!! I am a Memphian too, relocated to the next county over from you....Hardeman County!! Can't wait to hear more!!!
Advertisements