Advertisements
Advertisements
I am seeking families in the Washington, DC area currently in the pre-adoption phase who expect to adopt an older (at least five- years-old) child or children from a Russian-speaking region in the next few months to participate in a six-month study of second language learning. This research will focus on how older internationally adopted children learn English both at home in interaction with family members and at school.
Participation in the study will require that parents audio-record family conversations on a weekly basis and the researcher conducts classroom observations and recordings of the child(ren) at school each week. Monthly interviews and other documentation (such as a language log) will also be required.
Possible benefits to participation include an ongoing documentation of your child(ren)s language and academic development, assistance in understanding the learning processes that are occurring for your child, and Russian-language support from a second language speaker as needed (but with minimal interference to the study). No monetary compensation will be provided.
Specific details about the requirements of the study may be obtained by contacting me at the email address below. I will send you the details of participation and a preliminary questionnaire to determine eligibility. I am a doctoral candidate in Linguistics at Georgetown University. My CV is also available upon request. Thank you in advance.
Sincerely,
Lyn
Erw2@georgetown.edu