Advertisements
Advertisements
That is probably why my attorney told us to talk to our CPA...he should know :flowergift:
Update on our stuff....
The Termination went to Default. The ex or his attorney never responsed to the TPR deadline. We are now moving forward with the adoption. He can still contest the termination, but I am no longer concerned about it. We will not need to go through a HS since we are not going to trial. All we need is an Ad Litum for DD. Also last night DD's therapist said the adoption should move smoothly for DD since she already considers DH her Daddy. :banana:
Advertisements
Glad to hear that you are moving forward, that is great news! Hopefully it will all be smooth sailing from here on out!!! Thanks for updating us!
[url=http://stepparent.adoptionblogs.com]Stepparent Adoption Blog[/url]
InBlindFaith- that is GREAT news!! I'm so glad that it's not going to be as difficult as expected!! just curious...how much the Ad Litem charging you??
I'm not sure how much an Ad Litum will be just yet. My Attorney said it could be $1200 - $1800, it depends on who we get and how involved we need them to be. I overnighted DH's fingerprints to the DPS office in Austin. Once they complete the background check I should know know more.
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
That's fantastic news! I can't wait to hear that it's all completed.
We did have to do a Home Study and I remember being so freaked out. I had a friend with 3 kids under the age of 5 visiting from out of state and when the SW arrived they were all eating chicken nuggets for breakfast and I thought they would think I was a horrible mom and I was trying to make clear which kids were actually mine and which weren't. Ahhh, it's nice to look back and laugh about it. Glad you don't have to go through it!
Thank you for keeping us updated!
Advertisements