Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi,
My name is Sara and my husband (Paul) and I are adopting a little boy from Guatemala named Joshua Michael. That's him in my avatar! My little angel!
We live in a little suburb in Pittsburgh, PA - love the Steelers - even though they didn't do that great this year...but that's ok...we'll still root for them!!!
We don't have any children and we aren't sure if we can...had lots of tests done and no answer from the doctors, but we will be a family as soon as Josh gets here!
Josh turned 1 year old on January 10 and we truly hope he is here soon...
We also know of another Pittsburgh Guatemala group on Yahoo...they get together for Pirate games and picnic outings and Gateway Clipper and zoo outings! They sound like a fun group of people. We have joined the group online, but have yet to meet anyone...I'm sure it'll be a blast!
Anyway! I hope to see more fellow Pittsburghians join the local group soon...:hippie:
Hello there,
My husband and I are from a little town about 2 hours north of Pittsburgh. I am originally from Pittsburgh and made it to the country when I was very young. My husband and I have been married for 7 years and have tried many fertility treatments to find out that we are unable to conceive. That is when we decided to adopt. We feel this is the hand that God dealt us and this is the hand that we are playing. I can't wait to see our little boy who will be 2 months old in a couple of days. Good luck to everyone you are in our prayers.
Advertisements
Hi,
My husband and I are from Greensburg 30 miles east of Pittsburgh. We are currently in the process of adopting a baby boy from Guatemala. He will be 6 months next week. We are visiting Guatemala on April 13-18. We just got DNA back.
Melissa and Justin
Gee Melissa and Justin... you're getting close to my area. I live in Jennerstown just come east on 30! I'm a birthmom in reunion.
Looks like a Pittsburgh East group is here. My wife and I live near Delmont with our 2 sons (25 and 8 y.o.) and are going through FostAdopt for a sibling group of 4 (1 boy and 3 girls) plus may foster their 14 y.o. sister.
Todd
Wow, Todd, God Bless you and your wife! I don't know if I'd have the strength to adopt, let alone that number of children! Good for you...
my husband and I live in Bedford, PA.. we have been waiting officially since March to be chosen for adoption... it's very stressful just waiting.
I wish you luck with everything.. the world needs more people like you! :)
Jolene
Advertisements
It can seem like things are going slowly or not at all. We were actually thinking of changing agencies because nothing was happening, then, BANG, in a matter of 2 months we were interviewed, met the kids, and had them placed. So, take heart and trust God to bring the child (children) into your lives that He wants there.
Todd
Hello I live in Indiana PA. 30 minutes east of Pittsburgh. we have 2 adopted from Guatemala a girl age 4 and boy age 20 months. THey are a blessing. We are looking into adopting our 3rd child, just not sure if it will be international, domestic or foster. I am researching our options now.
I would be interested in joining a local group for outings and picnics. Or just to chat!!
We're in the Monroeville area. We adopted our DD domestically last year (this Friday is our finalization anniversary) and are in process again. We're just waiting on fingerprints before we can go in the profile book (we didn't need them for our first adoption). Since we adopt AA/BR, we are expecting by the end of spring 2008.
My husband and I live in Ambridge PA. It's 11 miles north/west of the city, just past Sewickley. We adopted a beautiful baby girl from South Carolina. We got her when she was 5 days old and she is 4 months old now. We are set to finalize in August!!
Advertisements
God Bless you and your family! My daughter will be ten on April 27, but I am trying to find out what I need to do to adopt her as I am only her legal guardian.
Figured I'd say hi in the local forum as well. I see there's another Fayettenam resident ;)
30 here, out in the boonies of Fayette County, not far from Brownsville. I have a 4 year old daughter from my first marriage that I have custody of, and my new wife and I are considering having one of our own, but are also just beginning to explore adoption/foster options. Looked like a friendly thread to say hi in.
Go Stillers. If they have a season this year, that is :/
Hi all. I'm in the Greensburg area. Anyone else still reading the forum nearby? Hubby and I are looking to adopt from foster care. Just finished our homestudy.
Hello and welcome to the forums. I used to live in Jennerstown, but I now live north of Harrisburg.
Advertisements
We're in Delmont. We adopted through SWAN in 2007. Still here following the list though I don't post much.
Hi. We're north of Pittsburgh, in Adams Twp and going through our homestudy right now to foster-to-adopt. We have 2 bio children, and we are all very excited to see what God has in store for our family.