Advertisements
Advertisements
Originally Posted By Scott
My wife was born on 2/13/63 and adopted from the home for little wanderers. Does anyone know how I can find out information without going thru the legal sytem. Thanks
Wilmington, MA. (scttwnn@hotmail.com)
Originally Posted By kim collignon
my husband was also adopted from home for little wanderers. He petioned the court and they gave him birth mothers name. They wouldnt give him anything unless he gave them money. If you have any other info please let us know.
Advertisements
Originally Posted By Susan Miller French
I had a son, born Feb. 11, 1966 and adopted via the NE Home for Little Wanderers. Do you have any info on how a birth mother could get medical info to the son. I wouldn't force any contact unless he wanted it.
Hi Scott, my nephew was also born at the Home for Little wanderers in 1968. I believe it should be under Boston Catholic Charities, not sure though. I'm trying everything on the net, under that title.
hi kim, my nephew was born there in either 67-68 his parents were from dorchester, he had to wear a small brace on his feet to help them stay straight. i believe his name was stephen. is any of this familiar?
Hi there,
I have a sibling adopted from the Home for Little Wanderers back in the early 50's. I believe her given name was Anne or Ann and her birth mother's name is Terry or Teresa Riley and her Birth father (also my father) name was Dwight T. Townsend JR. or Bud Townsend Jr. Both were from Hingham Mass.
Thank You
Phyllis Shapiro
Advertisements
Originally posted by Archive
Originally Posted By Scott
My wife was born on 2/13/63 and adopted from the home for little wanderers. Does anyone know how I can find out information without going thru the legal sytem. Thanks
Wilmington, MA. (scttwnn@hotmail.com)
I petitioned the Courts for release of my records back in 1993/4 and they didn't want any money, I used the same petition to get my records at the Home for Little Wanderers released as well. Are you referring to the Jamaica Plain facility?
Ah.... Chrisnee,
My name is Steve, D.O.B. December 4th 1967 @ The Home For Little Wanderers AND !!! I was born with club feet, had to wear braces on my legs to straighten them out !!!
It's to bad that you haven't followed up on your original post.
We have four matches: name,date,place and brace....
I've been on here for a while now... I'll keep looking for ya.
Looks like I missed ya by 2 months....'****'
Hello, I was adopted from the Boston Home for Little Wanders. I know my birth mothers name but I don't know how to find her.
My DOB is 11/27/69. She was 19 and from the Medford area.
Advertisements
I have tried to get in touch with Linda French several times. I have a friend that was adopted from The Little Wonderers, his D.O.B. 2-14-66. They may have changed the date from the 11th on his records. I can be E-mailed at tgjg@bellsouth.net.
Nitag
[font=Times New Roman]
chrisnee
Hi Scott, my nephew was also born at the Home for Little wanderers in 1968. I believe it should be under Boston Catholic Charities, not sure though. I'm trying everything on the net, under that title.
[/font]
[font=Times New Roman][/font]
[font=Times New Roman]Hi Chrisnee,[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]Are you looking for the Home's phone and address or Catholic Charities? I can get that for you out of my phone book here, I'm in Boston. Let me know....[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]One Adoptee[/font]
Hi all,
Ask for Susan. I can't guarantee or promise that she'll help in any way for free, but I know her and have asked her help before. Don't send her any money right up front, just keep calling and talking to her and let her know that you need this info for health related issues for yourself and your children. As we all know, just because we have our b/parents names and info, it does not mean we will find and contact them any time soon.
Good luck! If you have any problems with them, let me know and I'll call and talk to them for you.
Carla
M.A.R.T.A.
Massachusetts Access Rights To All
[url="http://www.thehome.org/site/content/adoption/adoption.asp"]http://www.thehome.org/site/content/adoption/adoption.asp[/url]
My brother was placed with the Little Home for Wanderers between 1959-1960. He was born Frederick Stanley Ankiewicz 7/20/1955 in Tewksbury Hospital. He lived in Chelsea up until him and my aunts were placed in the home together. The aunts were placed in foster homes and he was placed up for adoption.
Birth Mom Eileen R Ankiewicz He was between 4-6 when taken away from State of Mass and placed into the home. His mom and birth siblings have been looking for him for 20+ years. We found a sister that was put up for adoption in 1961 and his sisters would love to know that he had a good life and is loved even though we don't know him.
I can be reached on FaceBook Dee LeGrand and my sister and I have done the Ancestry DNA test.
Advertisements
I was adopted through The New England Home for the Little Wanderers. I am hoping to talk to others about their experiences, especially if they were adopted during the period 1958-1960.
Thanks.