Advertisements
Advertisements
Is anybody here adopting thru the Children's Home Society in Greensboro? We are currently using this agency for our adoption. Would love to chat with others of you out there that might me be using the same agency.
Jasmine
hi,
just found this forum.we recently adopted our son,through this agency.we had a very good experience working with them.
Brenda
Advertisements
My husband and I are adopting from CHS in Greensboro. We are waiting for an infant adoption. We have been waiting for a little over a year -- but seems like forever. I know that they are tired of gettting emails from me, but I just need some reassurance that things are actually going to happen for us.
hi,
sorryt you have waited so long.are you open to any race child?special needs?when we took our mapps classes,one couple was going just for infant,and they did get a baby.another couple was open to ages 0-10.they also got a baby.another couple got a baby and they found out they were pregnant.i would say all of this matched in less than 18 months.so i think you are with the right agency.be patient,when its the right baby for your family it will happen.i believe its best to keep in touch with your adoption worker,sometimes you being fresh in her or his mind can be helpful.best of luck to you!
I made contact with CHS just yesterday and the lady told me they are no long accepting applications for their Infant program. I was crushed. But she said they just aren't getting babies like they used to. In our MAPP class, which we're currently on day 6 (tonight), one of the ladies thought we'd have a better chance of getting an infant if we went through CHS. After my phone conversation, I'm very dissapointed. We will stick it out with the MAPP classes and adopting through DSS. *deep sigh* I now feel like the wait will be very long.
We are a military couple and typically move every 3 years so we only have another 18 months here. I'm praying we get placement soon after licensing though. People keep telling us that it has happened and you just never know what can happen.
We were also considering adopting through Lifetime. We are both AA and want an AA or biracial newborn, which we are told would likely happen very quickly. In the MAPP classes, we learned that children adopted through "the system" will get free college and possibly a monthly stipend. Going through the private agency wouldn't offer anything close to that. *another deep sigh*
Has anyone gone through this process in CRAVEN COUNTY?
Thanks a bunch!
Hello,
I'm new to this forum so will have lots of questions. We too are hitting a brick wall about adopting an infant. We've been looking internationally but had lots of bad news yesterday about agencies not accepting new applicants due to decreased availability (which is a good thing, just not for us!) and because of my husband's age (almost 43). I've looked some at waiting US children and am interested in this, but don't know much about it yet because we've focues on international adoption. Can you tell me more about where you heard that adopting 'through the system' would cover college expenses and possible stipends? That would make adopting an older, US child much less daunting. Thank you.
Advertisements
Hi: From what I've read so far, it sounds like to me that the child would have to be twelve years old or older in order for them to qualify for the college benefits.
If you discover something more accurate please bounce it back. I'm in the beginning stages and might be a bit overloaded with information right this moment.:)