Advertisements
Advertisements
We just had our homestudy and can't wait to get kids!
We are fost to adopt, but know the huge possibility of kids going home.
Are there any other UT foster parents out there?
Hi! My DH and I are also from Utah and recently became licensed for foster/adopt. We are sooo excited for our first placement! How long does a typical placement take for new couples like us?:paci:
Advertisements
It took a long time for us to do all of our training and get all the home studies done etc. But once that was done we had a 2.5 year old little girl within 2 weeks. She has been with us for just over 3 months now. Awesome addition to our family.
It is such a rewarding step that you have embarked on. We have been foster to adopt for 5 1/2 years. We have had 14 children in our home. We are currently scheduled for adoption finalization next month!! These kids have been placed with us for 2 years.
We also had a placement within a few days of licensure. We have never been without a placement for more than a few days unless we chose to take a short break.
We were licensed in May and had our first placement in July. It seemed like forever, but really it wasn't long at all. We've now had 2 boys RU. DCFS committee is reviewing us today for a placement of 2 legally free toddlers. FX we get them.
Welcome to another Utah mom!
~S
Another Utah foster/adopt mom here. It took us a few months to get our first placement. 10 months later (last month) she went home to her father. Tough on the heart. But we now have a legally free toddler with plans to finalize in the spring.
Good luck and welcome!
And fingers crossed for you, kisses! That would be awesome!
Advertisements
Hey NatnClay,
I hadn't heard. Did you get your first placement yet?
The two I mentioned in November ended up moving in with us the next day. We have a court date to finalize their adoption on June 1st. What a short and wild ride. We'll wait a few months then open our home again to foster. My little boy has some sensory and attachment issues so we're not sure how he'll react to more kids coming and going.
Hope all is well!
~S