Advertisements
Advertisements
Im' a new poster to this board, and finally have something to talk about!
My husband and I just got our homestudy approved by the CRT in Boulder County. Now we're just waiting for our first call from a Resource Family case worker. I'd love to hear stories from anyone who has adopted through Boulder County. What did you think of their process? How long did it take for you? We're looking for a son, between the ages of 7-12.
Any information you can share would be most helpful. :thanks:
I adopted my darling, wonderful, incredible son through Boulder County. I can't speak highly enough of everybody we came into contact with, from the emergency worker who spent the entire night in the hospital with my son the night he was removed from his birthfamily, to the ongoing worker who gave it her all to reunite him with his family, to my resource worker who really supported me. Boulder County DSS is full of incredibly decent people who are overwhelmingly focused on the well-being of the child.
Some of the GALs, who are lawyers contracted by the state, are also angels in disguise.
PM me for specifics---maybe we can meet up!
Advertisements
Hello all! It is so good to see other boulder county residents who are adopting older children. Although my husband and I are not going through the county itself, we do live in boulder county and are looking at adopting a teen. All the resources in boulder county though seem to be directed towards adoptive parents who have little ones. There doesn't seem to be a lot of support for those of us adopting older kids.
While we are excited about this process, we are scared that perhaps we don't have the support network we should have for new parents who are adopting a teen/preteen.