Advertisements
Advertisements
Shoppers who would like to suggest products for AdoptionShop.com can make those requests on this thread.
If you are suggesting a book, please include the title, Author's name and if possible the ISBN Number.
Advertisements
We have an open adoption with both birthparents, and both have expressed the desire to be acknowledged on birthmother and birthfather's days as opposed to mothers day and fathers day. Cards specifically for birthmothers and birthfathers are extemely difficult/impossible to find. I found a couple on here for birthmothers but none for birthfathers. Would like to see some of each here.
Thank you
Cheryl,
Thank you for your suggestion. I honestly never thought of a "birthfather" card. I will send this idea to our designers who are now designing adoptionshop exclusive cards. I will also talk with our vedors about designing some. What do you look for in cards and annoucments?
We are always looking for new products and new product ideas here at adoptionshop.com. I would love to hear your feedback on what products we should have in shop. Tell me what you want and I will do my best to find it or create it. We are looking to the adoption community to tell us what you want. Thank you for your input.
I would like to see both something appropriate from a child to a birthparent as well as something appropriate from the a parent to the bparent. This is the first mothers day/fathers day since our son was born, so we are just starting to figure out what we are looking for. We are open but not close like family you see all the time but more like family you see when you can because you live a good distance apart. Does this make sense?
Advertisements
A few of the "Birthmother" cards can be used for both birth mothers and fathers. We just advertise them as "Birthmother" cards because we have not thought about cards for bithfathers. The Gift of Life is a Gift of Love is a card that could work for both birthparents. It is blank on the inside so that it can be used in many different ways. [URL="http://adoptionshop.com/adoption_products/the-gift-of-life-is-a-gift-of-love-card.html"]The Gift of Life is a Gift of Love :: Adoption Day Cards :: Cards & Announcements :: Adoptionshop.com - adoption books, gifts, announcements, scrapbooking, jewelry, cards, art & other adoption products[/URL]
If you are looking for more of an inexpensive gift then the Cherished Wish Key Chain is good for a birthfather. It is only $9.00 and it have a sun, heart, and star on it with a poem that describes the meaning of the symbols. This can be found at:
[URL="http://adoptionshop.com/adoption_products/Cherished-Wish-Keychain.html"]Cherished Wish Keychain :: Keychain :: Awareness :: Adoptionshop.com - adoption books, gifts, announcements, scrapbooking, jewelry, cards, art & other adoption products[/URL]
I will continue to contact our vendors with the idea. One is already trying to come up with some ideas. I do not mean to be forward or pushy with showing some products. I just feel that they might be what you are looking for. I will continue to keep in mind the birthfather when looking for and adding new products.
This is a great suggestion. I will suggest this to our card suppliers. Hopefully we will be able to design some cards like this and get them up soon!
We have the means to create glass christmas ornaments. We need your help in designing them. What would your perfect Adoption Ornament say? We know Hallmark and discontinued their Adoption Ornament so we want to help you find another way! These are flat ornaments made of glass. I will try to attach a sample picture. Please give us your suggestions so we can make what you want!
We like to put the following on our announcements:
Celebrate Adoption!
Our Child by God's Design, Adoption is Forever.
Advertisements
I would love to see mother, father & family in all the different languages of the countries listed on adoption.com